Hi Appsheet Community. I have a question abou...

Hi Appsheet Community. I have a question about user access. I understand the authentication options (Google, Dropbox etc.) but have an issue with a client and using their domain based email addresses as their log in emails. Will their company emails only work if they are G Suite or the like? I have tried using my work email address on my app and it does not work. Thanks Todd

0 2 450
2 REPLIES 2

Hi @Todd_Pavlou, most company emails are managed by some kind of directory service. The most common is Active Directory (which is Microsoft’s and companies that use Office365 use Active Directory). Likewise, many use Google Domains. In both cases, the users can sign in by choosing “Office365” or “Google” respectively.

You can also choose to explicitly connect to an Azure Active Directory instance, a specific Google Domain, or other providers like Okta. This does require a corporate subscription however.

Suggesting a Corporate subscription plan is not financially viable for two start-up companies who are collaborating and need to pass user credentials between apps.

Consider the following:

• Company A maintains their own user account login details for a Dashboard app (non-AppSheet).
  • Company B has an AppSheet based application and wants to grant access to users Authenticated in Company A

Since this is unlikely to be Active Directory, how can two start-ups utilise services like Azure Active Directory instance, or Okta if a corporate subscription is required?

Top Labels in this Space