Hi Appsheet, I am trying to turn the new "Ta...

Hi Appsheet,

I am trying to turn the new โ€œTabโ€ form into a Menu/Navigator. I think this will be useful if you have a too long navigator page of clickable icons. Users can just go to the tab relevant to them and navigate to view relevant to them. I have not been successful so far. Does anyone have any workaround or suggestions to try? if not for the attached message, I might succeed?

0 8 366
8 REPLIES 8

Hi Jerry, I am confused. The tabbed form is a way to see many pages of a multi-page form. it is not meant as a navigation bar for other views. is that what youโ€™re trying to do? You could use an app column type and put it into a tabular view or something like that is you want.

Yes @praveen ! The Tabbed form is so much neater!! Thats why I want to explore turning a form into a navigator! A table, you will need to scroll and will make the on-boarding more difficult. People in companies are resistant to implementations.The tabbed Navigator will be more self-explanatory.

You already have a nav bar at the bottom and the a menu at the top left :]. Why do you want one more navigation menu at the top?

@praveen Because companies have many departments and most employees are IT-Aversive. They will not bother to hit on the hamburger menu and look for views. My goal is to have something like the below โ€œIcon Main Menuโ€ into Tabbed form. Each tab will then have a maximum of 3 or 4 icons and each Tab will be for each department.

Why not try the โ€œTinyโ€ format for the Gallery view?

@praveen

Thank You! I go for the table menu with an โ€œappโ€ column for the time being. Thanks for this workaround! Grouping makes the font become bold . If I put numbering and capitalize, the different sections / departments stand out enough. Is the Gallery view going to have the โ€œTabbedโ€ option in future? Progress photos could then be tabbed by months or weeks.

Please do try the tiny option in the gallery view

Top Labels in this Space