Hi Everyone! I would need to develop a singl...

Hi Everyone!

I would need to develop a single app for a medium business (3-400 users)

and it would be ideal to have access to a MySQL Database.

This would bring the costs per year to almost 50k dollars, which is totally unreasonable. I’ve looked into the Publisher Pro which would cost us approx 500 dollars and the only difference is the sign in feature which I don’t value 49.5k dollars, to be honest

Are there other plans I didn’t find or I need to switch tool for this project? I really like AppSheet but from medium to large business it simply seems it’s not the right choice…

Thank you

Marco

0 9 375
9 REPLIES 9

The corporate plan would be better option than Pro plan in your case I believe. Would you please send a request to sales@appsheet.com.

Hi @Marco_Mattia_Garogli I tend to have the same thoughts. And here’s how I’ve reconciled it. Appsheet developed correctly can bring immense value to each and every user. So, as I develop, I’m developing for a certain user. I do not blanket hand out licenses… So, if the app and the user bring value together, it’s almost always worth the $10 a month to pair them up. The people that it won’t bring value to don’t need it. So, what I do is I find creative ways for people to interact with the application without having a user license. For example the managers can scan people in and out of tasks with an NFC ID card… Or technicians can have a perapp plan that is basically read only so they can scan asset tags for information… And another per app plan can be made for simply submitting information. Typically as long as the per app plans are for business use, and a one way street they work pretty good

@Grant_Stead Hi! Thanks for sharing your experience! The point is that I need the app to create a reliable system to track the position of each different users, therefore I need all of them to be able to access the app

@Aleksi_Alkio I will! Thanks for answering

@Marco_Mattia_Garogli I’ve used a per app plan for asset/employee positioning… Easy day…

@Marco_Mattia_Garogli also, of note. Appsheet does not collect passive information from the device. The user must interact, in order for data to be captured…

@Marco_Mattia_Garogli also, I did mine with a one way, write only table. They scanned their ID, and the asset tag, and hit submit… The app captures date time, and location…

@Grant_Stead I was scared about GDPR but scanning an ID it’s brilliant and compliant! Thanks for sharing, much appreciated!

@Marco_Mattia_Garogli exactly. Management, etc. Really uses the app, Gets the people, etc registered and moved around and leveraged… Then the “general users” can tag people, places, things… And you simply drop a security filter on it so they send, but never receive…

Top Labels in this Space