Hi .. First of all, thank you for such a grea...

Hi โ€ฆ First of all, thank you for such a great programming effort and lovley visulisations in appsheet.

My issue is that the app worked correctly updating or deleting data in the app to the spreadsheet, until I opened the spreadsheet in my google drive and I just expanded and contracted some columns, then it didnโ€™t capture any data changes in the spreadsheet, even after I regenerated all the columns in the app to

Why? โ€ฆ and what is the solution for it?

I had to contract and expand some columns because they didnโ€™ appear in the app (taple forme) โ€ฆ 3 columns apeared and the 3rd one took along space (even I chose Narrow field from the options in the app) Also โ€ฆ why? and what is the solution?

That is how one problem led to another So Please help me with it โ€ฆ to get my app look great and the more important, to find my data in my spreadsheet, to copy it later and edit when I need that in a different styles, with out any data loss.

Thank you in advanced

0 7 682
7 REPLIES 7

If you open the editor, do you see the same column structure than in your spreadsheet? Is the amount of columns the same?

Yes โ€ฆ itโ€™s the same structure and the amount of columns

For the 1st problemโ€ฆ would you please describe step by step how you received this issue, thanks.

After I uploaded the spreadsheet (contains 5 sheets) to the google drive โ€ฆ and make the app with appsheet, andAfter I finished formating my tables and UXโ€ฆ etc I started adding data to the appโ€ฆ and when I opened the spreadsheet from google drive โ€ฆ it was all there (data inputs & formulas). But โ€ฆ when I just changed the columns width and exit google drive after saving the spreadsheet โ€ฆ I made some changes and adds from the app โ€ฆ and then went back to spreadsheet โ€ฆ the new entries werenโ€™t there โ€ฆ just the old ones Thatโ€™s it โ€ฆ and to be sure I tried another spreadsheet and a different app that was working โ€ฆ so I opened the spreadsheet from google drive and repeated what I did (JUST CHANGING THE COLUMNS WIDTH โ€ฆ NOT ANYTHING ELSE) and the same problem occured.

Guess what โ€ฆ when I opened the spreadsheet with google sheets โ€ฆ it showed me every thing i changed or added โ€ฆ

The problem is with excel file viewing from google drive โ€ฆ maybe !!!

Okayโ€ฆ when you used the xls from the Drive, did you see all data in your app? You just didnโ€™t see the data in the spreadsheet?

Thatโ€™s right โ€ฆ i didnโ€™t see the data, and still they arenโ€™t there โ€ฆ but when i opened it with google sheet it showed up every thing So โ€ฆ they are actually there but the normally previewer in google drive doesnโ€™t doing well โ€ฆ for that i tried in the top page option (open with google sheet) โ€ฆ then every thing came up (inputs data & calculated data)

There is something mysterious with it!!!

Top Labels in this Space