Hi. How do I link a deck view option to a for...

Hi. How do I link a deck view option to a form dynamically?

0 12 888
  • UX
12 REPLIES 12

Create an action with the option “Edit this row” and then add that action into your Deck view so you can directly click it.

Thank you Aleksi Translate

Hi Aleksi. That worked. I got there in the end Thank you.

You’re welcome

Hi Aleksi. I did that and it worked but it is not exactly what I want. I didn’t provide enough detail. The problem I want to solve is: When I get to the bottom level of my menu hierarchy i.e. Maintenance > Plant 1 & 2 I need to get this menu option to show the form with the list of questions as opposed to changing the details of the Menu Group itself. Can you proceed to a form from the lowest level of the Deck View menu option?

Printscreen would help

If I gave you app id would that be better?

Ok I have attached the a screenshot of the google sheet I want to use to display the list of form questions and the bottom level of the Deck View menu. The flow of the menu is Maintenance > Plant 1 & 2 and when the user clicks Plant 1 & 2 I want to direct them to the form with the list of questions in the google sheet. The app name is HealthandSafety-OperationsChecklists-813993 if it would be easier to look that way.

You want to open the Form view instead of a Detail view when clicking the “Plant 1 & 2”?

Exactly based on the spreadsheet attached. Plant 1 & 2 is the bottom level of my menu structure i.e. Main Menu > Maintenance > Plant 1 & 2.

It is a completly separate form though. Plant 1 & 2 form view on the menu would only have 3 columns. I created a google sheet for the menu structure but the view I want to get to is a completly different file as per the attached.

You can create an action and then choose that action from the option called “Event action” and “Row selected”.

Top Labels in this Space