Hi, I have a customer with a CRM DB and in th...

Hi, I have a customer with a CRM DB and in this DB there is a geolocation as a DMS (degrees, minutes, seconds) format. When I past the geolocation in Google Map, I get the right location. However when I have the data in my AppSheet app, the location does not appear and when I modify the record, it tells me the entry is invalid. Doesn’t AppSheet accept this format of latlong ? Thanks in advance for your help. Greets, Sylvain

0 4 465
4 REPLIES 4

Appsheet does not like the unnecessary N or E or circle degree or ’ or " symbol parts of your imported coordinates data.

It should look something like this

39.202934, -92.136811

Hi @Stephen_Mattison thank you for your feedback. However, there is 3 offical ways to express gelocation (1) DMS (2) DMM (3) DD. Google Maps accepts all 3 of them (https://support.google.com/maps/answer/18539?co=GENIE.Platform%3DDesktop&hl=en) The format you mention is the 3rd one “DD”, but my question is how can I use the one I have in DMS format in AppSheet, as I would expect AppSheet to accept it since it is accepted by Google Map, which is the map used in AppSheet. I hope my explanation is understandable enough. Thanks in advance for a reply on this. Greets, Sylvain

Find or enter latitude & longitude - Computer - Google Maps Help support.google.com

@Sylvain_Rossy

Interesting, this might be a Feature Request, here’s a link to the Feature Request App.

To keep AS Servers & Apps as incredibly light and fast as they are, I’m guessing AS wants GPS data in simplest terms.

I’m sure official AS people will chime in here about this. Gotta be an easy way to convert the overly symbolized GPS data into simple “DD” form prior to uploading to your App.

I personally wouldn’t want any of that extra/useless/space-wasting crap in my DB, especially for an App, where you’ll never have to/want to look at the GPS data, only the visually plotted results. Login - AppSheet appsheet.com

Top Labels in this Space