Hi, I have a parent table and a child table....

Hi,

I have a parent table and a child table. In form mode i can add multiple child rows to the reffed parent row.

Now a column in the child row is calculated based on a value from parent row. Something like this =[ParentID].[ParentColumn].

The problem is if i change the value from parent row the child rows are not updating the column calculated based on the parent value.

Is there a way to trigger this?

Thank you!

0 11 1,914
11 REPLIES 11

One way is if you make that calculation with a virtual column. Now you are doing it with normal column and app formula but it will be recalculated only when you open and save the record.

Thanks! There is no other way around to automatically update?

Check this sample app that I have created. The name is Event Action. Itโ€™s the oppositeโ€ฆ when child record is updated but the principle is the same. appsheet.com - - portfolio of mobile apps created with AppSheet - portfolio of mobile apps created with AppSheet appsheet.com

Hi Aleksi, I was copying the event action How to update parent record when child record is updated app and so far I have tried everything and double checked but it still doesnโ€™t work. Does it have something to do with the fact that the price I want to be updated depends on a formula in GSheets? I mean, the Sum function is taking values from a formula in the database (Prices*Quantities).

Thanks for your help!

@Aleksi_Alkio Hello Mr Alkio, I have 2 tables, parent table is Order, child table is OrderDetails, thatโ€™s say I have many order details within 1 order, order has OrderID and order details has OrderDetailsID.

What I want to do is, when Order Status changes to ex, new order, packing, shipping, delivered, paidโ€ฆect , then individual OrderDetails status details change to same thing.

In the Behavior - Actions,

what the formula should look like? now I use a sheet formula and it become very slow when loading and syncing.

Please help, Thank You

I would create virtual column with a simple deref expression like [OrderID].[Order Status]. Then action is not needed.

@Aleksi_Alkio Thank you for reply, I forgot to mention, the reason I use real column instated virtual column because I need that column to do the security filter

You could basically use the same syntax for your security filter. What is your existing formula for your security filter?

@Aleksi_Alkio my current security filter as follow switch(LOOKUP(USEREMAIL(), SalesRep, Email, Permission), โ€œDistributorโ€, [Area] = LOOKUP(USEREMAIL(), SalesRep, Email, Area), โ€œSalesโ€, and([Area] = LOOKUP(USEREMAIL(), SalesRep, Email, Area), [Email] = USEREMAIL()), True) I have the same security filter for the Order and OrderDetails Table, and I want to add OrderStatus as other security filter for the OrderDetails Table

You could read the status from the parent table for your security filter like NOT([OrderID].[Order Status]=โ€œDeliveredโ€)

@Aleksi_Alkio great, thank you for instant reply, Iโ€™ll give it a try

Top Labels in this Space