Hi, I'm writing a call center app. I have two...

Hi, Iโ€™m writing a call center app. I have two tables:

(1) customers table with data about customers including phone number, etc. (2) call progress table that has a reference to a customer, and the status (called, no answer, busy)

I have a detail view on the customers table where the app user can make a call. I want to create an action that updates the progress table from the customers table detail view.

I cant seem to figure out how to do this anyone have an idea?

0 5 413
5 REPLIES 5

You need to use LINKTOFORM action which can read customer ID from the detail view.

HI! how did you managed to assing an ID to the costumer? Curently iยดm using a macros to generate an automatic number but itยดs not working as i intended.

You can use expression UNIQUEID() which will generate an unique 8-digit value.

@Aleksi_Alkio Thanks, this worked. Is there a way to automatically save the form without showing it to the user? and then also sync automatically. I want to minimize the user interactionโ€ฆ just click the button and go to the next person they need to call. Iโ€™ll explain what I need it for: the app user calls the next customer, and then can update the progress with this customer to one of: โ€œNo answerโ€, โ€œline busyโ€, โ€œcall performedโ€. There is no need for the app user to see the progress data form.

You can set sync options โ€œDelayed syncโ€ and โ€œAutomatic updatesโ€ to ON. You can find them from Behavior > Offline/Sync.

Top Labels in this Space