Hi! If multiple tables are created and refere...

Hi! If multiple tables are created and referenced, by deleting an entry in the parent table, shouldnโ€™t the child-tablesโ€™ relevent referred details get deleted automatically? In my app, this doesnโ€™t happen and the child-tables retain data pertaining to the parent tableโ€™s entry (all tables have UniqueIDs and referenced accordingly)

0 8 810
8 REPLIES 8

@Malaka_Jayawardene,

Do you mean you would like to automatically delete child records when a referenced parent record is deleted?

If so,

could you please explore

the setting

โ€œIsAPartOfโ€

option to โ€œTrueโ€ in referenced column in child table?

plus.google.com - Cascading deletes : IsAPartOf references We recently introduced the concept โ€ฆ

@Suvrutt_Gurjar Hi, thanks, I donโ€™t know why but all of a sudden app didnโ€™t delete the child tableโ€™s rows, but now it works again. Yes, Iโ€™ve made the โ€œIsAPartOfโ€ option โ€œTrueโ€ already, I guess thatโ€™s what makes a child tableโ€™s Referenced Virtual Column appear at the end of the parent table in the first place isnโ€™t it? Anyhow, it works now. Thank you for the help!

Hi @Malaka_Jayawardene, we currently do not support โ€œcascading deleteโ€ of children records. It is something that is on the todo list.

@praveen You mean to say that if I delete a parent record, child records will persist without getting deleted? Because shortly after I made this post here, I checked back by making two more records and deleted the parent records, first by selecting it from โ€œAllโ€ (table) view, and the second record by going in to the parent record and selecting the delete option there. Both times, both parent and child records did get removed (which is what I wanted to happen). I do not know why it didnโ€™t work before (which is why I made the post here), but then now it works. What do you mean by โ€œcascading deleteโ€?

Hi @praveen, Thank you for guidance and clarification. Even when I tested, the children records got deleted when parent record was deleted. But there must be some

related aspect that we missed.

Will request your further guidance.

It looks like I misspoke :]

I checked with others on the team. It does look like we delete the child records when the parent is deleted.

This happens in our backend when a sync happens (rather than instantly in the app itself).

Hi @praveen , thank you for your update.

Thank you Praveen! Thanks Suvrutt!

Top Labels in this Space