Hi a challenge for the new year :-) I would ...

Hi a challenge for the new year

I would like to make this sum:

=Sum(Select(Registration[RDV], Contains(Filter Individuel[Annรฉe],[Annรฉe])))

I made a Form of โ€˜Filter Individuelโ€™ as an entree in a dashboard

Now I like to make the sum of Registration[RDV] where the user selects the year (Annรฉe) through this form of the table 'Filter Individuel[Annรฉe]

Is it possible?

Thx a lot โ€ฆ Bram

0 4 312
4 REPLIES 4

Iโ€™ve found the issue: The formula is ok, but it does not change the sum unless you add a new row to the Registration table.

Is there a possibility to trigger the calcullation of the sums in table โ€˜Registrationโ€™ when someone makes an update in the form of table โ€˜Filter Individuelโ€™

@Diogenes_ASBL_VZW In a physical column not easily, but if thatโ€™s in a virtual, I THINK it would workโ€ฆ (Iโ€™ve found with some things like this you will have a physical column with a spreadsheet formula, and a virtual column to make the front end look correct. Theyโ€™re currently working on how to calculate all the way back up and down, but I guess itโ€™s hard to do because it can make the app run very slowly if they are calculating everythingโ€ฆ So doing it smart is a concern.

tony1

@Diogenes_ASBL_VZW This app might be a good starting point for what you want to do: appsheet.com - Slice based on user input - Allow the user to filter a view based on a form Slice based on user input - Allow the user to filter a view based on a form appsheet.com

Thx for your answers. @tony The slice based on user input is working great for the normal input values in columns of the table.

It doesnโ€™t has an impact on these virtual column sums, because the value calulated in this column of all the rows changes every time a user adds a row.

And so the rowfilter will always return the same value.

an example of this virtual column: =Sum(Select(Registration[RDV], AND(USEREMAIL()=[Usermail], [Annรฉe]=2017)))

Where Registration[RDV] are numbers.

I donโ€™t know if my explication is clear?

Thx a lot, Bram

@Grant_Stead I see what you mean! Iโ€™ve made quit a few virtual columns to calculate but itโ€™s making the app very slowโ€ฆ

Thx a lot, Bram

Top Labels in this Space