Hi all, I'm very new to Appsheet and I'm sti...

Hi all,

Iโ€™m very new to Appsheet and Iโ€™m still learning along the way. I was wondering if anyone could help me?

I am currently making a โ€˜Cashing Upโ€™ application which involves the user Inputting data (Cashing up) on form, which will then be calculated in a spreadsheet to then output answers back to the user, in which if any discrepancies occur, a message box will appear for reply.

So far my application allows the user to cash up with a time stamp, the ability for the user to write their name, till used and notes and coins counted. Once this part is done, the form is submitted to the โ€˜Cashing up Spreadsheetโ€™ here the data will be calculated.

But iโ€™m having a hard time trying to figure out how the discrepancy message will be outputted back to the user? If any discrepancies occur of course. And I was wondering if anyone has any solutions for this.

Thanks!

0 8 421
8 REPLIES 8

@Aleksi_Alkio Well Iโ€™ll certainly give it a go! Thanks for the help!

How do you want to identify this message? With an email?

@Aleksi_Alkio Hi, Iโ€™ve just made action for the user to send a message through email. Iโ€™m just stuck on how to apply this action to the chosen column. In other words I only want this email to pop up when a calculation in the spreadsheet shows negative.

Try something like AND(ISNOTBLANK([Column]),[_THISROW_BEFORE].[Column]<>[_THISROW_AFTER].[Column],[_THISROW_AFTER].[Column]<0) for the condition. It will fire the email when the value is negative. It wonโ€™t send the email again if the record is udated somehow if that calculation has the same result again. And at the same time it wonโ€™t send anything if the calculation result is blank. I donโ€™t know if thatโ€™s the caseโ€ฆ if itโ€™s not, you can remove that part if itโ€™s not relevant.

How do you want to identify this message? With an email?

@Aleksi_Alkio Hi, Iโ€™ve just made action for the user to send a message through email. Iโ€™m just stuck on how to apply this action to the chosen column. In other words I only want this email to pop up when a calculation in the spreadsheet shows negative.

Try something like AND(ISNOTBLANK([Column]),[_THISROW_BEFORE].[Column]<>[_THISROW_AFTER].[Column],[_THISROW_AFTER].[Column]<0) for the condition. It will fire the email when the value is negative. It wonโ€™t send the email again if the record is udated somehow if that calculation has the same result again. And at the same time it wonโ€™t send anything if the calculation result is blank. I donโ€™t know if thatโ€™s the caseโ€ฆ if itโ€™s not, you can remove that part if itโ€™s not relevant.

@Aleksi_Alkio Well Iโ€™ll certainly give it a go! Thanks for the help!

Top Labels in this Space