Hi, brand new to appsheet so please bear with...

Hi, brand new to appsheet so please bear with meโ€ฆ

I need to add some text to my app in between two columns.

As an example, some instructional text.

So, lets say I have an option for a user to take an image and upload via the app.

I want to be able to have instructional text above this for example, โ€œplease ensure all images taken are in good lightโ€.

Is this possible?

Thanks,

0 16 322
16 REPLIES 16

The easiest way is to use Columnโ€™s description for that purpose. It will show you that info text only when you are using the form. You can find it from the Columnโ€™s definition.

Hi, thank you for the reply. How do I find the column definition?

just put in =""

then after it saves you can go back in and update the type to text or show.

if you select show and make it a page header it displays in bigger font.

you can play with all those settings.

@Tammi_Canelli Ok, i have manged to get the text โ€œshowโ€ added and accepted as a formula, the only issue it is not showing on the app?

did you add it to your view in the UX?

I already have a form made up of a number of columns, this works fine. I have now added the additional VC to show text, but it does not show?

What would I need to add in the UX?

@Nick_Parsons1 i was trying to screen shot one of mine but the VC window doesnโ€™t open big enough.

I have my VC column set to Show Category Section Header app formula ="" Then the text i want displayed typed in the description field.

My forms are all based on slices Iโ€™ve created, so I made sure the VC field was in the slice then created

a form in the UX.

Maybe try creating a form other than the one the system generates to see if its there?

@Tammi_Canelli Hi, wellโ€ฆno I havent used a slicer yet, no idea what they are, I will have a read up. Sounds interesting as all yours are based on them.

I will have to see what they do.

I have looked in the column (edit) area but do not see anywhere for definition?

Hopefully looking in the correct place.

Once I have found it and added text, will it show on the form without users being able to edit it, just a note to read,

Data > Columns > Open the columnโ€™s definition (edit the column) > Description. Yes it will work as a read only.

@Aleksi_Alkio Hi, thank you, i found it but now, the text shows as you say but i no longer see the audit question?

Add that question into that description likeโ€ฆ QUESTION - Plaa plaaโ€ฆ

@Aleksi_Alkio Hi, yes thats one way to do itโ€ฆthanks.

Is there no way to do it without it being part of a question as clicking on it opens up ready for an answer.

I would like to add text without it needing an answer in some cases.

Thanks again for all your help.

What about adding a virtual column to display as either text or show?

Iโ€™ve done this for a lot of my forms and it seems to work well.

@Tammi_Canelli hi, I havenโ€™t seen that but will try it.

I have seen virtual column but wasnโ€™t sure what it was for! I will try it now.

@Tammi_Canelli It says it needs an app formula?

Top Labels in this Space