Hi everyone, I received this response from on...

Hi everyone, I received this response from one of my prospective testers and needed help with how to respond or explain the request. This is a deployed app on premium. Does Appsheet really need to access the user’s Google Files even though the database (google sheets) is my account? Is this the case on the white label product as well? ?

"I looked into downloading the beta version of the app, but I won’t comfortable with the level of access to my files AppSheet requires

(they want full access to Google Drive, etc, which I am not comfortable giving.) I’m sorry I can’t try out the beta version! When it releases as an app or a later Beta without those access requirements I would love to try it out."

Can anyone assist? I could really use some understanding on this. Thanks

0 7 335
7 REPLIES 7

@Daisy_Ramirez are you using Private Tables in your white-labelled app?

Or… have you chosen “as app user” for the Access mode?

No private tables and not on white label product as of yet.

as app user is correct. Thanks

Weird, I’ve never had someone say that… It’s a standard Google authentication process that almost every app goes through

@Levent_KULACOGLU How would private tables affect this Levent?

@Daisy_Ramirez private tables use the user’s Google account so what app she does is it actually makes a replica of your sheet actually on their Google Drive that’s actually what school about private tables is that the you the end users get to keep their data

Top Labels in this Space