Hi, i have a table , and many user (should be...

Hi, i have a table , and many user (should be not registered) , that can add a row in the table. i set the access to

adds_only

i want the rows to be update by anyone, ( not need username) with a code , each rows have a code ( = key) so, if i set

the single column with constrict formula

, i can do this, but in the main view, the user can not add any more rows. i think the constrict formula wins on the access mode set on the table, there is some formula to add in the single constrict column ? like

if ( “conditions” , updates_only , adds_only)

?

the constrict formula is like this : [pin code]=[key]

pin code is a virtual column , that refers to a column named [code ] , this column is editable, and initial value is “”, if user insert the correct pin, ( [pin code]=[code] ) , he can edit the other rows. but i need the user to adds new rows

0 13 579
13 REPLIES 13

What is a “constrict formula”?

the formula used to column , editable if

For example this will do that with Editable_If…

OR( NOT(IN([KeyColumn],TableName[KeyColumn])), [PIN]=“1234” )

@Aleksi_Alkio thanks You sir, this works very good

!

You’re welcome

How does the pin code virtual column “refer” to “a column named [code ]”?

What is a “constrict column”?

maybe is constraint … sorry

I’m having a lot of trouble understanding your post, so I’m going to just throw out some possibly useful points:

To allow a user to add new rows and update existing rows without allowing any row deletions, enable Updates and Adds and disable Deletes for the Are updates allowed? property in the table’s configuration (in Data > Tables).

You shouldn’t need to use a formula with ADDS_ONLY or UPDATES_ONLY unless you have needs you haven’t clearly explained yet.

The Editable_If property of a column in no way affects the table-level permissions set above, but could prevent the user from saving a form if a column containing an invalid value cannot be edited to correct the value.

How you want the PIN to work is entirely unclear to me.

i know the use of adds-only or updates_only in table, but the priblem is that the editable_if

affect the table level restrictions. if i put a restriction on column , this affect adds in table

Use Adds and Updates mode and when creating those Editable_If formulas, you need to check are you adding a new record or editing the existing one. For example… IN([KeyColumn],TableName[KeyColumn]). If it’s true, you are modifying already existing record and “pin” verification is needed.

@Aleksi_Alkio but in this way, need the pin also on add new rows, i try to bypass this issue

No, you user doesn’t need to know that if you don’t request that in your app.

Top Labels in this Space