Hide column header from Table View - Interactive Mode

edulk

Hi,

I would like to know how the column header, called โ€œNameโ€, from the table โ€œFolderโ€ on this app of Interactive Mode was hidden (Link for the app).

The red arrow points to where the column header โ€œNameโ€ should be.

In my app, the column header is โ€œAccountโ€ and I would like to hide it.

I couldnโ€™t find a way to hide it and I looked at every feature related to the table โ€œFolderโ€ such as View, View Detail, Dashboardโ€ฆ

Could someone help me with this detail?
Thank you in advance!

Solved Solved
1 7 2,488
  • UX
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi,

Under UX โ€“ > Options ->Table View

please turn off the setting highlighted below

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Hi,

Under UX โ€“ > Options ->Table View

please turn off the setting highlighted below

edulk

It worked, thank you very much @Suvrutt_Gurjar!

There is just one exception, if I turn off this on Options->Table View, it is applied to all my Table Views. In other words, other table views that I have in my app wonโ€™t have a column header.

Would that be normal? Thanks!

Yes, the settings under UX --> Options are in general applied all across the app for that particular setting type.

If you wish to just hide the heading โ€œAccountโ€ in your example in say โ€œDashboardโ€ view and the view name is โ€œDashboardโ€, and you wish to dislay column headings in other views, an option is, you could use a display name expression something like below. Of course in that case , the option under Under UX โ€“ > Options ->Table View , that is mentioned above needs to be turned on.

IF( CONTEXT(โ€œViewโ€)=โ€œDashboardโ€," ", โ€œAccountโ€)

edulk

Hi @Suvrutt_Gurjar,

Thank you for your reply. Actually, I would like to hide the column header only in this View โ€œFilter_Accountsโ€ as you suggested.
I did what you have mentioned, I turned ON again the headings on UX -> Options -> Table View.

Then, on โ€œFilter Accountsโ€ View (type: Table), I went to Display -> Display name, and I wrote the code you mentioned:
= IF(CONTEXT(โ€œViewโ€)=โ€œFilter_Accountsโ€," ", โ€œAccountโ€)

Unfortunately, it is changing the View Name of โ€œFilter_Accountsโ€ view from โ€œFilter Accountsโ€ to โ€œAccountโ€.
The column header โ€œAccountโ€ remains untouchable.

As you can see, I changed the code and it indeed hides the view name:

I tried to go on Data -> Columns -> Filter_Accounts and to change from there the DISPLAY NAME of column โ€œAccountโ€, by writing the same code. It did hide the column header, but only in the โ€œFilter_Accounts_Detailโ€ (type: detail), not inside the dashboard.

Maybe I did not understand how it should be done, but if it is not possible to hide the column header on a View (only the View Name as the case/picture above), let me know and I will not stress much with that.

Thanks!

IF( CONTEXT(โ€œViewโ€)=โ€œFilter_Accountsโ€," ", โ€œAccountโ€)

Please have this expression in the display name setting of the [Account] column, not in the view.

Also if your โ€œFilter Accountsโ€ table viewis included in a dashboard view, then please have the expression with dashboard view name in the display name of the [Account]columnโ€™โ€™

IF( CONTEXT(โ€œViewโ€)=โ€œDashboard View nameโ€," ", โ€œAccountโ€)

edulk

Perfect! It finally worked, thank you for the help and the teachings @Suvrutt_Gurjar!

Just to clarify for future questions:
I went on Data -> Columns -> โ€œFilter_Accountsโ€ -> [Account] column -> Display Name and I wrote the following code
= IF(OR(CONTEXT(โ€œViewโ€)=โ€œDash_BRLโ€, CONTEXT(โ€œViewโ€)=โ€œDash_EURโ€, CONTEXT(โ€œViewโ€)=โ€œDash_USDโ€), " ", โ€œAccountโ€)

I have this โ€œFilter Accountsโ€ on three different Dashboards and now the column header does not appear in any of them!

Hi @edulk,

Thank you for the update. Well, we all keep learning from each other. Nice to know that it works the way you wish.

Top Labels in this Space