How To Insert Multiple Rows (dynamicly)

So here is the Problem
I have a Parent Rowโ€ฆ lets call it โ€œjustinโ€ as parent
and it has multiple Childsโ€ฆsuch as (sandal , shoe , pant , pant )

the number of the childs are dependent on the user inputโ€ฆ
it can be 1 or more

and i want to create a new parent rowโ€ฆ lets call โ€œstevenโ€.
but i dont want user to input childs manualy, instead just use action and copy all child from justinโ€ฆ
doesnt matter why it has to be justinโ€ฆlets just say all the parent copy will get justinโ€™s childsโ€ฆ but the (count) number of justinโ€™s child maybe updated laterโ€ฆ

Solved Solved
0 7 338
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

i read about grouping actionโ€ฆit has static number.

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

wow amazing sirโ€ฆthank you so muchhhโ€ฆthe sample app is working exactly as what i wantedโ€ฆ

now is my time to understanding how it worksโ€ฆ

Sir Steveโ€ฆ
there are 2 point i want to ask for more
1.A In the sample app , it use maxrow rownumber. for parentโ€ฆ how do i get ID from the parent using select meanwhile i cannot use [_thisrow].[ID]โ€ฆ
this event is executed not when adding new recordโ€ฆbut action button clicked by user.
1.B i actualy want to make it automatic event when user creating a new parent record. i still dont know how that sample app magicly execute thoses actions. still not find the triggerโ€ฆ all action are set do not display. (if point 1.B is done , 1.A dont need anymore. using maxrow is fine)

1. i want to selective adding to target table. what happen now is adding ALL record from sourceโ€ฆ how to add select and where clause

thank you very much sir

Please post a screenshot of the expression in which you want the parent ID value.

The action is set as the Row Saved event action in the tableโ€™s form view: whenever a row is saved from that form view, the action is performed.

it was using filter() functionโ€ฆ i never use it so i was confused at firstโ€ฆ
then i read this article this
and i realize it was equivalentโ€ฆthen this is the result https://aws1.discourse-cdn.com/business5/uploads/appsheet/original/3X/0/e/0e7e6f59f6a081b2645adee301...

for point 1.B is doneโ€ฆ thankyou very much

Top Labels in this Space