How To Insert Multiple Rows (dynamicly)

So here is the Problem
I have a Parent Row… lets call it “justin” as parent
and it has multiple Childs…such as (sandal , shoe , pant , pant )

the number of the childs are dependent on the user input…
it can be 1 or more

and i want to create a new parent row… lets call “steven”.
but i dont want user to input childs manualy, instead just use action and copy all child from justin…
doesnt matter why it has to be justin…lets just say all the parent copy will get justin’s childs… but the (count) number of justin’s child maybe updated later…

Solved Solved
0 7 332
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

i read about grouping action…it has static number.

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

wow amazing sir…thank you so muchhh…the sample app is working exactly as what i wanted…

now is my time to understanding how it works…

Sir Steve…
there are 2 point i want to ask for more
1.A In the sample app , it use maxrow rownumber. for parent… how do i get ID from the parent using select meanwhile i cannot use [_thisrow].[ID]…
this event is executed not when adding new record…but action button clicked by user.
1.B i actualy want to make it automatic event when user creating a new parent record. i still dont know how that sample app magicly execute thoses actions. still not find the trigger… all action are set do not display. (if point 1.B is done , 1.A dont need anymore. using maxrow is fine)

1. i want to selective adding to target table. what happen now is adding ALL record from source… how to add select and where clause

thank you very much sir

Please post a screenshot of the expression in which you want the parent ID value.

The action is set as the Row Saved event action in the table’s form view: whenever a row is saved from that form view, the action is performed.

it was using filter() function… i never use it so i was confused at first…
then i read this article this
and i realize it was equivalent…then this is the result https://aws1.discourse-cdn.com/business5/uploads/appsheet/original/3X/0/e/0e7e6f59f6a081b2645adee301...

for point 1.B is done… thankyou very much

Top Labels in this Space