How To Record Missing info

Hi there , "I am developing a water testing data capture app on AppSheet for my employees, and some employees are not entering data on time or not entering it at all. The data capture is scheduled every two hours, and I want to create a table that records the information that was not captured on time. I want to do this without receiving any email or notification. How can I create a separate table to check the unrecorded information, and what expressions do I need to use in the app to achieve this?"

0 4 104
4 REPLIES 4

For these kinds of scenarios, it is often good to pre-generate all of the records ahead of time. Then when the users enter their data, have them enter it into the appropriate existing "blank" record. Hopefully you can see that it would then be trivial to see what the missing records are.

Hi Marc, 

Interesting response , now what are the steps I need to take to generate blank records for each two-hour interval in advance. Please guide me

So assuming you mean that the ap user checks at 0000, 0200, 0400 etc.  You'd create a column that counts how many samples have been done today already, work out the time that this record should be done at and then calculate the time difference.  Is that what you mean?

Or are you letting the app user test whenever they want and their should be no more than 2hrs between each test?

Simon, 1minManager.com

Hi Simon, 

That's exactly what I mean, Please could you provide me with a step by step guide. I would greatly appreciate it

Top Labels in this Space