How can I change the date in a PDF template to reflect a non North American date format?

Hi community

I want to show todays date as 5/6/2023 in my PDF.

In other words I want it to show:

DDMMYYYY

Right now its showing MMDDYYYY.

Anyone figured this out?

0 3 279
3 REPLIES 3

you can follow these steps:

1. Open the PDF template in a text editor or a PDF editing tool that supports editing the template's content. Some popular options include Microsoft Word (by opening the PDF as a Word document).

2. Locate the section in the PDF template where the date is displayed. This can typically be found within the template's placeholders or variables.

3. Update the date format according to your desired non North American format. The specific syntax for the date format may vary depending on the programming language or system you are using. Commonly used formats include:

- DD/MM/YYYY: This format represents the day, month, and year separated by slashes. For example, "25/12/2023" represents December 25, 2023.

- MM/DD/YYYY: This format represents the month, day, and year separated by slashes. For example, "12/25/2023" represents December 25, 2023.

- YYYY-MM-DD: This format represents the year, month, and day separated by dashes. For example, "2023-12-25" represents December 25, 2023.

4. Save the changes to the PDF template.

5. Upload the updated PDF template back to AppSheet.

6. Update your AppSheet app's configuration to use the modified PDF template.

By modifying the date format in the PDF template, you can ensure that the generated PDFs reflect the desired non North American date format.

Simple my friend... <<TEXT([Date],"dd/mm/yyyy")>>

Top Labels in this Space