How do I add 56 barcodes to 1 row?

I’ve got a “Orders” table that has all of my orders on it, each order designated by the [Order ID] column.

I’ve got a “Barcodes” table that records the barcodes:

How do I set this up, so that 56-60 scanned bar codes are Referenced to one single order in the Orders([Order ID]) column?

Only thing I can come up with is to create a [Order ID] column in the Barcodes table, and make it a Ref to the Orders([Order ID]). Problem with this is, every time you create a new scan, you’d have to select the Order ID each time, which would not work.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

0 3 404
3 REPLIES 3

Would your idea work if the order id was pre filled?
You could set it up so that the order id is generated for the first barcode scanned.
Then pre fill the column with the same order id on the next scan.

Yes that sounds like it would actually work pretty good. Do you mind enlightening me on how to accomplish it? Thanks for your help @SKETCHwade

That’s good!

have a look at this
https://www.appsheet.com/samples/Initialize-forms-with-most-recent-value?appGuidString=18b39921-b8a8...

Basically you make a virtual column that has the formula MAXROW(TableName,TableKeyColumn), In my app it is named MostRecent
then go to the initial value of the barcode column and enter something like [MostRecent].[Barcode ID]

Top Labels in this Space