How do I find out how to manage the recent Google changes?

Google has recently messed up my directory structure and so I am no longer confident linking to templates and seek some help.

It seems all my Google shared files have been converted to shortcuts and my directory structure is now completely messed up. When I try to link to a template, I have multiple folders and shortcuts all seemingly pointing to the same folders and files. What I am worried about how to determine which folder/shortcut I should be linking to.

As it is I have just moved from using my office PC to using my laptop, linked to the same Google Chrome login and Appsheet login, but I am getting a file 400 error when I open a template. Yet if I test run the BOT, it works so obviously it can find the file, but I can't from Appsheet. However I can find it and edit it from File Explorer.

I don't know where to start re-learning how to use the new Google directory structure reliably and am hoping someone can assist

Solved Solved
0 3 113
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Don't really know how to respond to this, or even what kind of response you're looking for, but I can at least respond to the part about the Bot that you mentioned. Go into that Bot's Task, and click the "view" button next to the template, that should take you directly to the "correct" template file.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Don't really know how to respond to this, or even what kind of response you're looking for, but I can at least respond to the part about the Bot that you mentioned. Go into that Bot's Task, and click the "view" button next to the template, that should take you directly to the "correct" template file.

Hi Marc, thanks for your response. Sorry if my question was unclear.

When I went into my App, I found that the App default had been set to Embedded App View and the link to my template was only available by changing it back to Custom Template. That made me worry that if I did a Save and Verify on an Apps without changing the default back  to Custom Template on every one of my email tasks, Appsheet may โ€œloseโ€ the link to my templates and change all my tasks to Embeeded view setup.

My concern was heightened when I tried to open a couple of my templates and got a 400 canโ€™t find your file error.

And my anxiety peaked when I tried to re-link my app to the template and found that it had been affected by Googleโ€™s recent file restructure. My file structure now has many of the original folders as well as multiple shortcuts to the same folder in an inconsistent order, so I had no idea whether it would work on other devices if I chose the wrong shortcut or folder.

I have since discovered that the 400 error was a bug and will/has been fixed but I am still uncertain what the impact of the Google file restructure will be on my Apps.  

Yes I noticed that issue with the "embedded app view" being auto-selected on a bunch of old Tasks as well. It was reported and fixed a few days ago.

Top Labels in this Space