How do I get a timestamp to display in a colu...

How do I get a timestamp to display in a column, when a certain word is in the [STATUS] column?

I have a [STATUS] column and a [ARRIVAL] column. When the word โ€œON SITEโ€ is chosen in the [STATUS] column, I want a timestamp automatically displayed in the [ARRIVAL] column. Any ideas?

Thanks

0 8 2,225
  • UX
8 REPLIES 8

You can use ChangeTimestamp field instead or Datetime. Please read more about it from this documentโ€ฆ help.appsheet.com - Tracking Changes Using โ€˜Changeโ€™ Column Types Tracking Changes Using โ€˜Changeโ€™ Column Types help.appsheet.com

Not sure if Iโ€™m overlooking something, but Iโ€™ve changed the [ARRIVAL] column to a โ€˜changeTimestampโ€™ and have entered these options(SEE BELOW)โ€ฆand I get nothing when the status is changed to ON SITE.[ARRIVAL] is visible in both slice and view, and no timestamps are being recorded.

I see if I have timestamps in the gSheet then it changes them (hence the name chageTimestampโ€ฆ itโ€™s been a long dayโ€ฆ), but is there anyway to have AppSheet insert the 1 time only Timestamp?

I do not want to have a random timestamp in the column if at all possible. I would like the [ARRIVAL] column to be empty, and then when โ€œON SITEโ€ is chosen in the [STATUS] column, it inserts a single timestamp that remains the same time throughout the history of the record. Possible?

Seems to me it would be a good feature to be able to set the initial value using an action. Maybe this is already on the ask list.

@praveen

You can create an action button which will write that value โ€œON SITEโ€. When the value is that, you can hide that action button and you canโ€™t add that value anymore. Would that solve your case?

Yes, that sounds like it should work. I have an action button already created for ON SITE, and another one for LOADED. Both of which need to function the same.

@Aleksi_Alkio I have both On Site and Loaded actions created but am still struggling with the timestamp portion. Your suggestion sounds like itโ€™s exactly what Iโ€™m looking to do. Do you know how I can use the actions to input a single timestamp, and when the words โ€œOn Siteโ€ is in the [STATUS] column, the action is hidden?

Write a datetime value into a column with the expression NOW(). You can hide the action button with the expression NOT([STATUS]=โ€œOn Siteโ€).

Top Labels in this Space