How do I get the fileName or docID of the arc...

How do I get the fileName or docID of the archived PDFs from a workflow rule which creates an email PDF attachment for every new order?

(Note: the archived PDFs are in the attachments folder.) I’m guessing there must be a sequential generation of fileNames for the PDFs.

The intention is to provide the user to be able to view the PDF for each order through the App on a mobile device through an Action, if need be.

Thanks in advance.

1 18 861
18 REPLIES 18

Yeap… that’s one workaround.

Check this older post… plus.google.com - Hi, I have created a report (by workflow, sending to my email when the condit… Hi, I have created a report (by workflow, sending to my email when the condit… plus.google.com

@Aleksi_Alkio Thank you for the prompt response. Have checked the older post and found your instructions as below:

=CONCATENATE(“https://www.appsheet.com/template/gettablefileurl?appName=",“YourAppName-YourAccountIDnumber”,"&tabl...”,[PdfColumnName])

I’m stuck at creating the file path. Not sure how to assign/or where to get PdfColumnName.

The column name is the file column name what you are using in your table.

@Aleksi_Alkio Sorry if I am not explaining clearly. I’d like to be able to let the user view the archived PDFs created by the email workflow rule. I do not have a column for the file names. The name is auto-generated partly with the name from the workflow and then with the date and time. I do not have control over the generation of the archived PDFs. However, I was wondering if there is a way to locate which PDF corresponds to which row, so the same can be provided for the user in the app the view.

My issue is similar to Grant’s issue in this post: plus.google.com - New Feature Friday! This is a packed one. 10 new releases this week, share w… New Feature Friday! This is a packed one. 10 new releases this week, share w… plus.google.com

Aaa… sorry I misunderstood your request. I’m afraid that should not be possible at this moment because we don’t know the file name before the workflow is triggered.

@Aleksi_Alkio Thank you for your response. I was wondering if it would be possible to access this variable and store it in a column: _ATTACHMENTFILENAME (as described further in this article:

help.appsheet.com - Sending Email from a Workflow Rule or Scheduled Report Sending Email from a Workflow Rule or Scheduled Report help.appsheet.com

I’m afraid that won’t work either because of the same timing reason.

@Aleksi_Alkio Thanks for your prompt responses. As I don’t want to be generating PDFs through third-party addons, the workaround I have resorted to achieve what I want, is to have IFTTT get the attachment from gmail and store it in Google Drive - so I know the location and file name - for me to display to the user.

Check this older post… plus.google.com - Hi, I have created a report (by workflow, sending to my email when the condit… Hi, I have created a report (by workflow, sending to my email when the condit… plus.google.com

@Aleksi_Alkio Thank you for the prompt response. Have checked the older post and found your instructions as below:

=CONCATENATE(“https://www.appsheet.com/template/gettablefileurl?appName=",“YourAppName-YourAccountIDnumber”,"&tabl...”,[PdfColumnName])

I’m stuck at creating the file path. Not sure how to assign/or where to get PdfColumnName.

The column name is the file column name what you are using in your table.

@Aleksi_Alkio Sorry if I am not explaining clearly. I’d like to be able to let the user view the archived PDFs created by the email workflow rule. I do not have a column for the file names. The name is auto-generated partly with the name from the workflow and then with the date and time. I do not have control over the generation of the archived PDFs. However, I was wondering if there is a way to locate which PDF corresponds to which row, so the same can be provided for the user in the app the view.

My issue is similar to Grant’s issue in this post: plus.google.com - New Feature Friday! This is a packed one. 10 new releases this week, share w… New Feature Friday! This is a packed one. 10 new releases this week, share w… plus.google.com

Aaa… sorry I misunderstood your request. I’m afraid that should not be possible at this moment because we don’t know the file name before the workflow is triggered.

@Aleksi_Alkio Thank you for your response. I was wondering if it would be possible to access this variable and store it in a column: _ATTACHMENTFILENAME (as described further in this article:

help.appsheet.com - Sending Email from a Workflow Rule or Scheduled Report Sending Email from a Workflow Rule or Scheduled Report help.appsheet.com

I’m afraid that won’t work either because of the same timing reason.

@Aleksi_Alkio Thanks for your prompt responses. As I don’t want to be generating PDFs through third-party addons, the workaround I have resorted to achieve what I want, is to have IFTTT get the attachment from gmail and store it in Google Drive - so I know the location and file name - for me to display to the user.

Yeap… that’s one workaround.

Top Labels in this Space