How do I show a Google Doc file in the app? ...

How do I show a Google Doc file in the app?

I have a Terms & Conditions GDoc File that I would like User to view in the App without looking like they are leaving the App.

I made the GDoc Public and inserted the URL in the Initial Value, but after clicking the link, it says โ€œThis site canโ€™t be reachedโ€

This is what my Spreadesheet Formula looks like in the app.

hyperlink(โ€œhttps://www.grantsfarm.com/terms-conditions","Terms/Conditionsโ€)

I donโ€™t want the long URL to show up in the App, only the โ€œTerms/Conditionsโ€

with the link icon.

TYTY!!

1 14 497
14 REPLIES 14

HYPERTEXT(LINKTOURL(โ€œYourURLHereโ€),โ€œTerms & Conditionsโ€) should work for that

@Levent_KULACOGLU

Sweet, thanks Bro, trying it now!

@Levent_KULACOGLU

TY for excellent suggestions!

I really donโ€™t care if they actually read the T&C, nobody does. This must be very fast and very easyโ€ฆas long as they can have access to my T&C .PDF while they fill out the quick SignUp Form, I would be very happy.

If this app expands to allow the Guests to take many photos around the property, as I am hoping,

I will need your excellent IN() expression so Guest is not asked to enter Birth date and Agree to T&C again.

I might ping you on this again as I expand.

TYSVM!

@Levent_KULACOGLU

I just added a table with 41,000 US Zipcodes, City, State, LatLong, Population, TotalWages, AvgWages.

Guest enters Zipcode & I know everything, almost, HAHA!

Hey, do you know of a Zip+4 list available anywhere?

Thx!

AS should hard-code the entire Zip+4 database, would be EXTREMELY powerful for many apps!!

@Stephen_Mattison I believe https://smartystreets.com have an API for that. I believe itโ€™s free up-to a number of queries per month and itโ€™s quite easy to query with a simple webhook scripting

@Stephen_Mattison smartystreets.com - Address Verification APIs Address Verification APIs smartystreets.com

@Levent_KULACOGLU

I canโ€™t get this to work, it didnโ€™t like HYPERTEXT or LINKTOURL

Changed to

HYPERLINK & LINKURL and still not getting it to work.

And as I dig into this more, I think I really need to view a PDF in the App, not a GDoc.

I must be missing something big because nothing I am doing seems to be working.

Iโ€™d like a neat and succinct โ€œTerms & Conditionsโ€ with the Link icon to show up.

I checked out the AS Hyperlinks Sample App and did just like they did, but did not get it to work.

I need new Guests to be able to view the Terms & Conditions PDF while they are filling out New Guest Sign Up in Guests_Detail.

They have a T&C web page available, but I think I want to have Users be able to view a File from the App so they donโ€™t click something at the website and get distracted.

Vast majority will never look at this File, just click Agree/Yes and be done with SignUp, but T&C must be easily accessible, even Downloadable if that is possible.

I need the PDF to then be view-able/Downlaodable if User ever goes back to their file and wants to read the entire T&C.

TYVM!

@Levent_KULACOGLU

I have also been checking out the AS Hyperlinks Sample App.

Iโ€™d rather not use a Virtual Column if I donโ€™t have to.

Support Docs seem to suggest that I donโ€™t need a VC if you โ€œmark IsHyperLink to Trueโ€ Befuddled why I canโ€™t get this to work nice & easy.

AS Support Doc: โ€œHYPERLINK({Address}, {Text}) returns a hyperlink to the given address with the given clickable text. For example, the formula HYPERLINK(โ€œhttp://en.wikipedia.orgโ€, โ€œClick here to visit Wikipediaโ€) will create a link that looks like this: Click here to visit Wikipedia. If you use the HYPERLINK formula in a non-virtual column, make sure to mark โ€œIsHyperLinkโ€ to true in the Type Qualifier. This ensures that the value of this column is written as a sheet =HYPERLINK formula.โ€

@Stephen_Mattison have you solved the issue or is it still unsolved?

@Levent_KULACOGLU

Still unresolved, sorry.

@Levent_KULACOGLU

Iโ€™m guessing something new is going on, this App on my Phone just made me โ€œSign in with Googleโ€ and now I am seeing my URL Links and my PDF File.

How do I get the PDF File to appear with a nice succinct โ€œTerms & Conditions Fileโ€ instead of the actual file link.

Still learning this stuff,

Not crucial/high priority. Thanks a lot for your help!

@Stephen_Mattison after making structural changes in an app, itโ€™s required that you perform a hard sync rather than a soft sync to notice those changes. If you donโ€™t release a running app from the running memory after closing it, then the app data is brought from the cache instead of the server. Possibly this is the reason why youโ€™re seeing it working now. Glad to hear that itโ€™s resolved now.

@Levent_KULACOGLU

OK, yes I got PDF & URL Link working.

Part of my problem was that I wasnโ€™t seeing them appear in the Form View.

I really need User to be able t o click and see my T&C PDF in the Form View as they are signing up for the first time.

Is this possible?

Thanks Mr. K!

@Stephen_Mattison displaying a link for the T&C does not give you a bulletproof idea that they have read it. I can humbly propose to make seperate section with your T&C, place it in a Long Text field, set Editable_if to FALSE and put some kinda โ€œI accept/I readโ€ button at the end and set it to required. Provided your form is not ending there, you can set a show_if for the next section like [APPROVAL]=โ€œI acceptโ€ or similar. And you can define if the user is existing in your registration table or not with a simple IN(โ€ฆ) expression in the Valid_if field. You can also use the same function to show/hide your T&C section.

Top Labels in this Space