How do i know if im the owner of the app?

Iโ€™ve taken an app over from someone who has left, and Iโ€™m not 100% if he has transferred ownership to me or not. If I open appsheet, I donโ€™t have any apps listed under โ€œmy appsโ€, but I DO have this app listed under co-authored apps. does this mean I have owner ship or not?

within the the app I also have the ability to seemingly transfer ownership, so maybe that means I am the current owner?

Any ideas? Thanks.

0 4 142
4 REPLIES 4

Hi @Jason_Osborn
It doesnโ€™t sound like you are the owner. You probably need to copy the app to your account.

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

Find your account ID by going o My Account:

All apps you own will have your account ID:

Your account ID is part of your appโ€™s URL:

3X_e_f_effc6115d4e0d1bbdf3fac648d314680e7471e71.png

You can transfer your apps to someone else:

You may see the Transfer Ownership function but if you click on the โ€œTransfer Ownershipโ€ button and you do NOT have ownership you will be presented with the message shown below.

Also note, that if you have had the My Appโ€™s page open while ownership was transferred, you may need to refresh that page or even log out and back in again to see the ownership changes. I donโ€™t remember which. But I do know that when I remove myself as co-author from apps, they continue showing in the apps list until I take one of the above actions.

Aurelien
Google Developer Expert
Google Developer Expert

Hi @Jason_Osborn

in addition, in order to know who is the current owner of an app:

About/Terms

Top Labels in this Space