How do i know if im the owner of the app?

I’ve taken an app over from someone who has left, and I’m not 100% if he has transferred ownership to me or not. If I open appsheet, I don’t have any apps listed under “my apps”, but I DO have this app listed under co-authored apps. does this mean I have owner ship or not?

within the the app I also have the ability to seemingly transfer ownership, so maybe that means I am the current owner?

Any ideas? Thanks.

0 4 147
4 REPLIES 4

Hi @Jason_Osborn
It doesn’t sound like you are the owner. You probably need to copy the app to your account.

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

Find your account ID by going o My Account:

All apps you own will have your account ID:

Your account ID is part of your app’s URL:

3X_e_f_effc6115d4e0d1bbdf3fac648d314680e7471e71.png

You can transfer your apps to someone else:

You may see the Transfer Ownership function but if you click on the “Transfer Ownership” button and you do NOT have ownership you will be presented with the message shown below.

Also note, that if you have had the My App’s page open while ownership was transferred, you may need to refresh that page or even log out and back in again to see the ownership changes. I don’t remember which. But I do know that when I remove myself as co-author from apps, they continue showing in the apps list until I take one of the above actions.

Aurelien
Google Developer Expert
Google Developer Expert

Hi @Jason_Osborn

in addition, in order to know who is the current owner of an app:

About/Terms

Top Labels in this Space