How to Add AppSheet Enterprise Standard

We're looking to create an AppSheet app with a mySQL database and I'm having trouble getting a few technical/implementation questions answered with Sales. I'm needing help in understanding the process & best way to implement this scenario from our experts here. 

Notes & what I've learned so far based on some research:

• We have a Microsoft operation where all employees use Microsoft email addresses.
  • We  have a Google Workspace Business Account setup and will use this email address to create the AppSheet account & app.
  • It appears there are 2 pricing components to consider for an AppSheet app on mySQL: The Google Workspace Business Standard Account cost ($12/user/mo) and the AppSheet Enterprise cost (Standard or Plus)
  • AppSheet Enterprise Plus looks to include the Google Workspace account
  • AppSheet Enterprise Standard does not include a Google Workspace account

Questions:

• Since a Google Workspace "user" account is not required for all employees (since all emps on Microsoft for emails and we don't need the other Enterprise Plus features right now), it seems like it's best to go with the AppSheet Enterprise Standard. Am I understanding this correct?
  • Assuming we proceed with AppSheet Enterprise Standard, I found the instructions below to add an AppSheet Enterprise License to the Google Workspace account  but I'm not getting the option to Select AppSheet Core, AppSheet Enterprise Standard or AppSheet Enterprise Plus in my drop down list.  Is there another place we need to configure AppSheet within Google workspace before we can assign/purchase the AppSheet Enterprise packages? Or does sales need to turn something on before it's visible?
  • Are there any other Workspace or AppSheet costs to consider?

Any help to this process would be absolutely amazing at this point. Thanks so much!

https://support.google.com/a/answer/10569787?hl=en#zippy=%2Cremove-licenses-from-individual-users-or...

Daisy_Ramirez_1-1670171873664.png

Options to select AppSheet options do not appear:

Daisy_Ramirez_2-1670172033846.png

0 12 951
12 REPLIES 12

@Daisy_Ramirez wrote:

does sales need to turn something on

AFAIK, there's no way to self-serve an Enterprise plan and AppSheet Sales must assign those licenses to your account.

In my experience, the only reliable way to get in touch with AppSheet Sales is via Workspace Billing Support. Even then, it took a while but the Workspace Billing Support representative reliably followed up.

If you're a Microsoft operation, what's the point of the Google Workspace?

I believed AppSheet required a google account for development?

Also to store images unless you can recommend a better method

Not at all

@Daisy_Ramirez wrote:

better method

Microsoft Sharepoint

ok so to be clear, we can create an AppSheet account with a Microsoft email account and within AppSheet indicate all images are to be saved to the accounts Microsoft Sharepoint system. Is this correct?

@dbaum wrote:

AFAIK, there's no way to self-serve an Enterprise plan and AppSheet Sales must assign those licenses to your account.

Interesting this would come up, as just a few days ago I asked through back channels if there was any intention on their part (AppSheet) with allowing at least partner-program people (or whatever it's called now) to manage enterprise licenses for our clients.

Haven't heard back, but perhaps this activity in the community here will get something going... ๐Ÿคž

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This came about due to the... how shall I say... lack of engagement from sales.

• I've got people that have come to me, months ago, that were hoping I could help get them on an enterprise license;  I pointed them towards sales, they reached out... radio silence

#NotABigEnoughFishIGuess

So my hope was that maybe, just maybe, we might get the enterprise license included in a partner-program delegated billing dropdown - this way at least SOMEONE could make something happen.

The process has taken quite some time for sure.  I've asked to have a phone call vs the 30 emails (literally) but no response.  It appears Sales can process the order but is not familiar with the implementation process?? 

On another note, how does the partner program work on the Enterprise Plans - same? Same discount? Billing is delegated and we invoice?

Thanks for the help as always ๐Ÿ™‚

With regard to being an AppSheet Partner, I received the following response from sales.  As previous AppSheet Partners are we not "authorized Google resellers"?  Is there another process we have to complete?

"In order to get attainment for appsheet for your customers, you would have to be an authorized Google reseller. "

Yes, now it's a joke all of this

Become a Partner | Google Cloud

@Daisy_Ramirez wrote:

ok so to be clear, we can create an AppSheet account with a Microsoft email account and within AppSheet indicate all images are to be saved to the accounts Microsoft Sharepoint system. Is this correct?

๐Ÿ’ฏ

@Aurelien 

Top Labels in this Space