How to Hide / Show a Form field based on a current Enum / EnumList selection.

Ion
Bronze 4
Bronze 4

HI im new with appsheets and im having trouble referencing values in an ongoing form that im editing. I know I can hide a form field based on certain values by leveragin the 'Show_If' of each field you want to hide or show, but I cant figure out (or find) how do I reference a value from a EnumList in the context of a Form. So far Ive tried these formulas (on the Show_If of the fields):

IF([App]="MOVING",FALSE,TRUE)

IF([App]=MOVING,FALSE,TRUE)

They dont work and I get the error that "I cannot compare List with Text". Now I know how to reference values that already exist in the database but how do I reference an EnumList value(s) for the current item im creating in a Form?

Thank you.

Solved Solved
0 3 1,434
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Ion
Bronze 4
Bronze 4

Thanks for the reply @sandeepraon . I just couldnt make it work with Select() is still very confusing for me but I randomly came with a solution by isolating the value I wanted first with a List() function on the EnumList ([App]) and then converting the result value to Text with an IF statement. So in the Show If of several columns  I did:

IF(TEXT(LIST([App]))= "Moving", false,  true))

View solution in original post

Try this instead:

NOT(IN("Moving", [App]))

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

@Ion when you say [App] you are referencing the whole of the column values, which is a list comparing that output to a text, 

so inorder to compare values you need or able to specifically obtain the value of the cell that you want using SELECT() or ANY(). that way you will find the specific cell value to compare with the text that you want to compare with.

so use SELECT ([App],condition to obtain the value, ) or ANY([App]) to find the value within the cell and then compare in the condition for IF.

Ion
Bronze 4
Bronze 4

Thanks for the reply @sandeepraon . I just couldnt make it work with Select() is still very confusing for me but I randomly came with a solution by isolating the value I wanted first with a List() function on the EnumList ([App]) and then converting the result value to Text with an IF statement. So in the Show If of several columns  I did:

IF(TEXT(LIST([App]))= "Moving", false,  true))

Try this instead:

NOT(IN("Moving", [App]))

Top Labels in this Space