How to add a Checkbox on Deck View?

I'm trying to make a app so I can check the items I already got on a game.

I've already managed to get this done.

01.png

What I'm trying to do now is add a checkbox under the Item name, on the Secondary header section. And create an action to mark completed/not completed on it. Like on the image bellow.

01.png

Is there a way to achieve this? Or any advice on how to do this with a similar or better layout?

Thanks in advance.

0 6 562
6 REPLIES 6

Hello, the first solution in my mind is to make an action with an empty square icon

AleksanderM_0-1683907673023.png

Action should change cell data to "Y" and icon should change to checkbox 

AleksanderM_1-1683907773299.png

Checkbox-action could make data in cell back to "N"

TEst.png

I used your solution and googled about it, made some tests and got this to work.

On the first screen, I used Format rules to display these icons on the Secondary header, It reads if the values is Y or N and change the icon accordingly. 

On the second screen there are two examples of how I can change the value to Y or N using actions like you mentioned, with the bigger check action as "Display as primary" or the smallest attached to the name as "Display inline".

It's not exactly what I want yet but this is working for now. I need to click on the item on the first screen to use the action on the second, I'm looking for a way to use it on both screen if possible. If doing this with AppSheet is possible, of course.

Anyway, thanks for the help. If you have any more ideias on how to make it work I'm open to it.

Maybe you are looking for bulk actions? AppSheet allows the user to select multiple rows ( or a single row as well) using bulk actions option in summary views( table, deck , gallery etc.) . After selecting the row(s) you can apply the action. In this case you need not go to the detail view.

Use bulk actions - AppSheet Help

Also the below GIF shows, one can change the status with bulk actions in the deck view itself.

Bulk_Actions.gif

I thought it should look like this 

MAPTAB_0-1683992227137.png

And like this after firing 

MAPTAB_1-1683992325213.png

This is exactly how it looks now. I had never used AppSheet and I'm still learning. By a mistake I hid the action button.

01.png

This screen show it with Primary and Secondary Headers. Also, the action buttons. Here they're clickable.

TEst.png

This screen shows the details for the item. Here, the green icon isn't clickable. But there is the huge button at the bottom that executes the same action, changing the icon to Green or Red. 

You can choose colomns to show in details view(in UX section/column order) ,

AleksanderM_0-1684135233428.png

and also choose actions you needed using slice 

AleksanderM_1-1684135433430.png

Top Labels in this Space