How to add a description in the inline summary and of the form within a form

Hi, 

I have a form that's already in a form and I want to add a short description to describe the point of the form. I have attached pictures and underlines where I want this description to go. Please let me know. thanksx1.PNG

Solved Solved
0 4 702
3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

It looks like you have a VC that is a Ref either to another table or back to some columns in the existing table (a space saver), either way you cannot insert text between the column header and the contents. [Edit: Looks like this is a 'Is part of' Ref to another table] What you could do is to add a couple of Show columns (one for the Column display name and one for your text) and change the column header of the existing column to a space, " ". You will end up with some extra spacing but it will give you the result you want.

View solution in original post

I second this suggestion. I have used a workaround where I have added a few columns with "Show Values". So in your case I would use the following column structure:

• [HEADING] = Type "Show"
  • [DESCRIPTION] = Type "Show"
  • [YOUR REF/VIRTUAL COLUMN] = "UNCHANGED" - You may want to change this column's name display to something like "click new below to begin"

Show column type are the way to go:

Show Types - empty columns in your spreadsheet that serve the sole purpose of improving the presentation of data capture forms. Show type columns are only permitted in Form views. There are six categories of show types:

• Page_Header: used to create a new page within the form.

• Section_Header: used to create a new section within the same form page.

• Text: used to show some descriptive text.

• URL: used to show a clickable URL.

• Image: used to show a static image.

• Video: used to show an MP4 video.

https://help.appsheet.com/en/articles/1013271-column-types-diving-deeper

Show columns use to be real columns, but a workaround is to make a VC with AppFormula:

""

And manually assing it to "Show" column type

4 REPLIES 4

It looks like you have a VC that is a Ref either to another table or back to some columns in the existing table (a space saver), either way you cannot insert text between the column header and the contents. [Edit: Looks like this is a 'Is part of' Ref to another table] What you could do is to add a couple of Show columns (one for the Column display name and one for your text) and change the column header of the existing column to a space, " ". You will end up with some extra spacing but it will give you the result you want.

I second this suggestion. I have used a workaround where I have added a few columns with "Show Values". So in your case I would use the following column structure:

• [HEADING] = Type "Show"
  • [DESCRIPTION] = Type "Show"
  • [YOUR REF/VIRTUAL COLUMN] = "UNCHANGED" - You may want to change this column's name display to something like "click new below to begin"

Would these be virtual coloums that are set to Type Show?

Show column type are the way to go:

Show Types - empty columns in your spreadsheet that serve the sole purpose of improving the presentation of data capture forms. Show type columns are only permitted in Form views. There are six categories of show types:

• Page_Header: used to create a new page within the form.

• Section_Header: used to create a new section within the same form page.

• Text: used to show some descriptive text.

• URL: used to show a clickable URL.

• Image: used to show a static image.

• Video: used to show an MP4 video.

https://help.appsheet.com/en/articles/1013271-column-types-diving-deeper

Show columns use to be real columns, but a workaround is to make a VC with AppFormula:

""

And manually assing it to "Show" column type

Top Labels in this Space