How to add a file on google calendar

Hi
Itโ€™s possible to add a pdf file to a google calendar event?
Thanks

1 8 401
  • UX
8 REPLIES 8

You might be able to drop a URL to the file inside the description field for the calendar event?

ok thanks , i thinked that is possible to add a virtual column with File

You would need to โ€œhard codeโ€ that file value, but yes you could do that.

Create your virtual column with an app formula that is the URL to the file.

Can you give the formula that i can use to add file please

Youโ€™ll need to have that file inside your google drive, then you can construct a link to the file inside like this:

โ€œ/App_Files/My_File.PDFโ€

Thanks for you solution but it canโ€™t work if i will uplaod a file for each one .

Yeahโ€ฆ working with a true calendar integration is limiting, because you canโ€™t affect the columns in many ways.

The solution to this restriction back when the calendar integration was first introduced was to build out the calendar view, which is powered off a regular table instead of an actual calendar.

But then you run into the problem of its not an actual calendar, so people canโ€™t sync up to it.

You can create a system of background updates that will merry the two together so they mirror each other - but honestly every client Iโ€™ve talked about this with has eventually moved to just using the table-powered calendar view (instead of the actual calendar integration).

I think iโ€™ll continue to add the link on description text. thanks to your reply

Top Labels in this Space