How to add to Lat/long

Hi, Iโ€™m working with Lat/long on a map of locations and people. I have pins on a map that represent these. I have a workflow that changes the lat/long of people to be the same as the location when they press a button to โ€œmove thereโ€. However, since they have identical Lat/longโ€™s and are on the same map, the pins stack on top of each other and then I canโ€™t see or select one or the other easily. I need help either figuring out a way to select either pin easily even if theyโ€™re on top of each other, or my other solution was to have the personโ€™s pin be offset from the locationโ€™s by something like โ€œ00.0050, 00.0050โ€ so it would just appear next to it but far enough separate that I could select them. Iโ€™m trying to think how I could say โ€œwhen I want the person to move there, change [their lat/long] to [that locationโ€™s lat/long]+00.0050, 00.0050โ€ or something. Any suggestions?

Solved Solved
0 3 258
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

You can use Lat() to extract the decimal latitude from your Lat/long, then add a decimal to it, then Concatenate that back into a lat/long

CONCATENATE(LAT(Any(Select(Player Characters Movement[Game Location Location to],And([Time]=MAX(Player Characters Movement[Time]),[Player Character ID]= [_Thisrow].[Player ID]))))+00.0050
,", ",
LONG(Any(Select(Player Characters Movement[Game Location Location to],And([Time]=MAX(Player Characters Movement[Time]),[Player Character ID]= [_Thisrow].[Player ID]))))
)

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Iโ€™m thinking of using like a SUBSTITUTE(), MID(), LEFT(), or RIGHT() to edit it?

You can use Lat() to extract the decimal latitude from your Lat/long, then add a decimal to it, then Concatenate that back into a lat/long

CONCATENATE(LAT(Any(Select(Player Characters Movement[Game Location Location to],And([Time]=MAX(Player Characters Movement[Time]),[Player Character ID]= [_Thisrow].[Player ID]))))+00.0050
,", ",
LONG(Any(Select(Player Characters Movement[Game Location Location to],And([Time]=MAX(Player Characters Movement[Time]),[Player Character ID]= [_Thisrow].[Player ID]))))
)

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4
Top Labels in this Space