How to apply same action to ALL rows in same column?

Hi there,

I’m building a simple shopping list app. One of the columns is called “quantity”. Whenever the shopping list is “cleared” I want to reset all rows back to “zero”. However how can I select all rows or alternatively apply the same action to all rows? The list is long and I don’t want to select one by one.

Thx

Jannik

0 4 1,841
4 REPLIES 4

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

You’ll need an action (Behavior > Actions) of type Data: execute an action on a set of rows to identify the affected rows and apply another action, of type Data: set the value of a column, to set the quantity to zero in each affected row.

Hi Steve,

Thx for your reply. However following your directions I would still need to check rows one by one right? I am looking for a way to check all rows at once (like “Select all”). Sorry if I misunderstood your reply. In case, could you be so kind to help me out with an example. I basically want to reset all rows where value of column “Quantity” is greater than zero. So action 1: Identify all columns where value of column quanity > 0 and action 2: Multiply with 0. Something like that. Is this the right approach and if so, could you kindly help me on how to do this?

br

Jannik

There is no “Select all” option, so the best you can do to automate the process is use actions. Start with this:

Thx Steve. I saw a youtube demo from may 2018 with the exact same question. Here the appsheet guys said they’d prioritize a select all function. Guess they didn’t get to it…

Top Labels in this Space