How to clear a user's cache

how can I force a new browser link or something so that a user who is seeing a sync error can have their browser cleared without me doing a full upgrade (if that even works)?

We had a bug in our app, since fixed but the user cannot proceed because of their browser cache contents (presumably).

I couldnโ€™t find how to get a user unstuck when I looked here: TROUBLESHOOTING | AppSheet Help Center

0 6 1,466
6 REPLIES 6

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

It is not possible to forcibly clear the browser cache.

thanks for the confirmation about that. My user was able to successfully proceed with this on Chrome:

• close your appsheet tabs
  • enter in a new tab this address: chrome://settings/siteData
  • type โ€œappsheetโ€ into the search box and then click the โ€œRemove All Shownโ€ button

They probably canโ€™t proceed due to pending syncs. Could have them go to the menu in the top left and hit reset changes. If they have a red number over the sync button and it errors while syncing this will most of the time be the issue.

thanks I did not know about reset changes!

Where do you see the reset changes? Only present when there are changes queued? but otherwise not? I canโ€™t find itโ€ฆ

Yes, otherwise they should be able to sync so long as the app definition doesnโ€™t have an error.

Top Labels in this Space