How to compare the Useremail to a table that has emails, to show the corresponding name of that user?

I am having trouble comparing the current useremail() who is logged in, to the table i built that has all emails, along with corresponding names.

Table 1 (Payables)
Table 2 (Initial Table)

I need to compare the current email user with Table 2 emails - and show the corresponding name of that email user.

Solved Solved
0 4 1,266
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

When it says ‘one randomly’, it really means it is taking the first item from the returned list. However, in this case, the returned list should only have one entry: that entry which the column [Email] matches USEREMAIL(). Therefore, the ‘one randomly’ statement isn’t a concern.

It’s not immediately obvious why @tvinci’s expression isn’t working - it appears correct. Make sure that:

1. Your application requires login, otherwise USEREMAIL() does not return anything;
  2. The table and column names are correct.

Also, an equivalent way to write the lookup statement would be:

ANY(
  SELECT(Initial Table[Name],
    [Email] = USEREMAIL()
  )
)

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

tvinci

lookup(useremail(),
“Table Name”,
“Email Column”,
“Column you want to return”)

Ok. I tried that. It still is not showing the [Name] from Table 2 - associated with the current useremail:

When it says ‘one randomly’, it really means it is taking the first item from the returned list. However, in this case, the returned list should only have one entry: that entry which the column [Email] matches USEREMAIL(). Therefore, the ‘one randomly’ statement isn’t a concern.

It’s not immediately obvious why @tvinci’s expression isn’t working - it appears correct. Make sure that:

1. Your application requires login, otherwise USEREMAIL() does not return anything;
  2. The table and column names are correct.

Also, an equivalent way to write the lookup statement would be:

ANY(
  SELECT(Initial Table[Name],
    [Email] = USEREMAIL()
  )
)

NM. It is working. Sorry - i am not sure why i didn’t see it earlier.

Thank you so much.

Top Labels in this Space