How to convert an Excel formula to an Appsheet formula

Hi! Iโ€™m trying to create a very simple app for the tennis team at my school that can calculate the average win for the group as a whole. I can easily do this using Excell, but Iโ€™m not able to properly format the formula in Appsheet. I can create all the table references and relationships, but Iโ€™m not able to calculate the average from the columns in the โ€œGamesโ€ table to the column in the average table. I even created a virtual column in the โ€œGameโ€ table, but that didnโ€™t work. Plus I want to be able to display the total average in a separate tab/window. Another problem I had was not being able to multiply by .5. Here is the Excel formula and a simple image of the tables: =SUM(B8/(B8+C8+(0.5*D8))*1000)

0 2 662
2 REPLIES 2

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

Start here:

I read all those explanations about expressions and deference expressions. And I fully understand how the โ€œquote calculatorโ€ example works, but Iโ€™m not able to take the values from the column โ€œPlayer Averageโ€ in the โ€œMatchesโ€ table and display it by itself in the table in the column โ€œTeam averageโ€ in the โ€œAverageโ€ table. I was able to do this app in Python in about 30-40 minutes, but Iโ€™m not able to fully understand the syntax in appsheet to move those values around.

Top Labels in this Space