How to create a unique dropdown list by filtering the data of two tables as needed?

I have 3 tables.
1. Create post

kasun_0-1663812843766.png

2. Collect_group_data

kasun_1-1663812908572.png

3. Post submit 

kasun_2-1663813001203.png

"Post submit" Here in the form view the following two steps have to be done.

kasun_3-1663813046667.png

1. select group (Here the group list is given through ref.)

2. Select post
This is where the problem has arisen. I only want to refer to one group, one post, at a time. Simply, the posts submitted to the group should not be duplicated. In the dropdown list for selecting posts, only posts that have not been submitted to the group selected from number 1 should be displayed. How to create that list?

I followed this post and created this expression. But it was not correct.

SORT( UNIQUE( SELECT(Create Post[Post Number],AND([_THISROW].[Post Name]=[Post Name],[_THISROW].[Group Name]=[Group Name]),FALSE)),)

In addition, I also tried this expression. But it didn't go well

Create Post[Post Number]-FILTER("Post Submit",AND(([Group Name]=[_THISROW].[Group Name]),([Post Name]=[_THISROW].[Post Name])))

Solved Solved
0 4 125
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@kasun wrote:

In the dropdown list for selecting posts, only posts that have not been submitted to the group selected from number 1 should be displayed. How to create that list?

I think list subtraction is the answer

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

@kasun wrote:

In the dropdown list for selecting posts, only posts that have not been submitted to the group selected from number 1 should be displayed. How to create that list?

I think list subtraction is the answer

Your tip is precisely correct.
This expression is correct.

Create Post[ID]-SELECT(Post Submit[Post Name],([Group Name]=[_THISROW].[Group Name]))

But I have a small problem. By doing this I get to select ID. Then the post cannot be identified. What to do with it? It is easy if the picture uploaded to the post is shown with a thumbnail in the dropdown list. Do you have any idea about this?

You can see it in the picture related to the table added as "Post submit" under number 3.

I was able to solve the problem.
See the picture below

kasun_0-1663863046299.png

@kasun wrote:

By doing this I get to select ID. Then the post cannot be identified

Add row labels - AppSheet Help
Top Labels in this Space