How to design a quiz

How do I design thousands of different MCQ quizzes, assign grading to answers, save user scores, all of this from data saved on a google sheet.

also if I can put a 30 second timer for each question

the data has column names such as 

quiz topic A

question 1

option 1

option 2

option 3

option 4

correct option

question 2

option 1

option 2

option 3

option 4

correct option

quiz topic B

question 1

option 1

option 2

option 3

option 4

correct option

question 2

option 1

option 2

option 3

option 4

correct option

And so on

0 9 719
9 REPLIES 9

I think this is possible.  First you need to record the time that viewing of the question began.  I would do this by using a grouped action that combined writing the time with navigation to the question.  Then, it would be very easy to record the time of the answer.  If it took longer than 30 seconds you could show a message that said something like "It took you 37 seconds to answer.  You must answer within 30 seconds so your answer will not be counted."

It would be nice to have a timer displayed to show the student how much time is left.  I'm not sure how to do that.

I got interested in how one might be able to add a timer so I made this sample app that uses a gif timer:

https://www.appsheet.com/templates?appGuidString=bd3c764b-8515-44a6-bcd5-d757c7729802

It's not perfect (I don't know how to force it to refresh so that it goes back to 30 seconds whenever I want it to) but it might be better than nothing.

By the way, I've explained how to publish sample apps like this here:

https://www.googlecloudcommunity.com/gc/Tips-Tricks/How-to-share-your-app-as-a-template-sample-app-v...

Hi @Kirk_Masden ,

Nice one. The GIF timer implementation looks good. 

Hello, thank you so much. While I cannot accept this as a solution, I am really glad for this creative solution to display the timer! 

If you look at the sample app I made, it records the time that the student begins to look at a question.  Then, it could record the time that the answer is submitted (though I haven't yet set it up to do that).  Would that be a solution?  I'm not sure what your criteria for a solution might be.

I got interested in the issue and decided to add some functionality to the sample app I made for you.  

So, now the countdown looks like this:

Screen Shot 2022-03-20 at 22.12.49.png

Then, when an answer is submitted the countdown disappears and a confirmation message is displayed.

Screen Shot 2022-03-20 at 22.12.32.png

If it took the student more than 30 seconds to answer, the confirmation message looks like this.  Check it out.

Screen Shot 2022-03-20 at 22.13.39.png

The timer actually comes later, the first part is creating the quiz itself at scale, if you read the query again, you would realize that.

How do I design thousands of different MCQ quizzes, assign grading to answers, save user scores, all of this from data saved on a google sheet.

Good luck!  I'm done with this thread.

Top Labels in this Space