How to filter input data (showed in sliced view) by day to a certain user?

Hi there

1. Lets say I have a master view of all the information (users, locations, sales of shops....) that all the users will be input data daily and I want all the users can not see other shop's sale numbers. 

2. I also don't want them to see the yesterday sale's number that they have keyed in, I only want them to see the today info (which they have just added in within that day). 

3. Of course, the admin user can see all the data.

=> I have tried the filter info by slice but somehow in the ref view, all the data seems to show all (like it's all connected in the slideshow mode). 

Can anyone help me? 

Thanks much. 

Solved Solved
0 4 203
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

It sound to me like you've lost track of which view you're seeing or what data is connected to the view. I'd start by confirming that the view is using the correct slice.  Then I'd look at the bottom of the emulation to confirm that the view you are seeing is in fact the view that you think it is.  

If you've done all that and the problem persists, I'd try to figure out a way to test the slice filters so you are confident that the filter you are using is what you expect.   

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

It sound to me like you've lost track of which view you're seeing or what data is connected to the view. I'd start by confirming that the view is using the correct slice.  Then I'd look at the bottom of the emulation to confirm that the view you are seeing is in fact the view that you think it is.  

If you've done all that and the problem persists, I'd try to figure out a way to test the slice filters so you are confident that the filter you are using is what you expect.   

I guess you are right. I might lost track of slice views. But is that possible to create a slice view of data of that day only for per user? 

Or do the nested rows link all the data together and let any users see all the data in that slice view thru slide show? 

If there is a date field in the record, you should be able to use it as slice criteria. 
[sale_date] = Today()

turns out I mess up all the slice views like you mentioned. After clear up all the old sliced views and re-create all the new views, things fall into place. Thanks for your advice. 

Top Labels in this Space