How to format a Section Header? Hi there, i a...

How to format a Section Header? Hi there, i am trying to use a Format Rule on a Show type, category : Page_Header. The formating does not work. However it does work if I change the catefory to Text or Section_Header.

Why is that so?

Thanks for your help!

0 12 1,418
12 REPLIES 12

@Julien_Gregoire Section_Header and Page_Header are Show type columns and unfortunately you cannot apply formatting to a Show type column. You cannot apply format rule to the Text type columns also provided their value are generated with an AppFormula.

@Levent_KULACOGLU You can nowadays use a format rule for Section header and text type. The Page header is meant for page brake and tab names and that’s why the formatting is not working at this moment. It’s in the pipeline, but it’s not done yet.

Is this possible now? To apply format rule to a show type column.

I would think you could try it and find out…

Hi Steve, I did try it but not sure my formula is 100% correct. I want to apply this formatting all the time, what’s the expression for that. Can I use a wildcard

The expression is: TRUE

No, AppSheet does not recognize wildcards.

Perfect! I’m looking forward to have it working. Meanwhile, I’ll use two columns one for brake and the other for formatting.

3X_c_6_c620631a238480b4516957ea9f5b029bc7fcadf3.png

Like this? Doesn’t seem to be working for me.

No, not like that.

I’ve tried again and the formatting works but not if the category is Page_Header

Then I guess you can’t format page headers.

Oh well, I tried. It was just that the previous post said it was in the pipeline quite a while ago.

Top Labels in this Space