How to generate a PDF from AppSheet's filtered view?

How can I generate a PDF in AppSheet using the platform's default search and filter functionality to capture the currently displayed, user-filtered data?

I'm currently working on an AppSheet application and have implemented the platform's default search and filter functionality to allow users to filter views based on their needs. Is there an option where, after filtering the data, users can generate a PDF of the filtered results directly from the current view.

Has anyone tackled this before? I'm trying to find a way that doesn't involve multiple steps or external integrations, aiming for a seamless user experience. Any advice or pointers would be greatly appreciated!

Islom_0-1692866466511.png

Solved Solved
0 5 1,540
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

So there are 2 ways I use, neither simple ๐Ÿ˜

Option 1

1. Create an action that simply writes something to a normally blank & hidden column e.g. [Column]="flag"
  2. Create another action button that you can use to trigger a bot to run
  3. Create a bot with template start condition that pulls in all the items in the table where [Column]="flag"
  4. Add as the last item in this bot a action that clears the flag e.g. [Column]=""

So process will be -  user goes into view, filters list, clicks button to flag all records, navigates to and clicks action button to run bot

Option 2

• Create a table called report
  • In this table add a column for each variable e.g. [County]
  • Make each column an ENUM with suggested values of TableName[County] or similar
  • Then create a virtual column called [Matching Records] with a formula something like:
Select(Table[TableID],AND(
[County]=[_ThisRow].[County],
)
)
  • This virtual column isn't strictly required but it will make testing this a whole lot easier for you
  • In the report table add an action button to trigger a bot
  • In the bot use something like
<<START: [Matching Records]>>

Hope this helps

Simon, 1minManager.com

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

So there are 2 ways I use, neither simple ๐Ÿ˜

Option 1

1. Create an action that simply writes something to a normally blank & hidden column e.g. [Column]="flag"
  2. Create another action button that you can use to trigger a bot to run
  3. Create a bot with template start condition that pulls in all the items in the table where [Column]="flag"
  4. Add as the last item in this bot a action that clears the flag e.g. [Column]=""

So process will be -  user goes into view, filters list, clicks button to flag all records, navigates to and clicks action button to run bot

Option 2

• Create a table called report
  • In this table add a column for each variable e.g. [County]
  • Make each column an ENUM with suggested values of TableName[County] or similar
  • Then create a virtual column called [Matching Records] with a formula something like:
Select(Table[TableID],AND(
[County]=[_ThisRow].[County],
)
)
  • This virtual column isn't strictly required but it will make testing this a whole lot easier for you
  • In the report table add an action button to trigger a bot
  • In the bot use something like
<<START: [Matching Records]>>

Hope this helps

Simon, 1minManager.com

Hello, may I ask if you already resolved this?

Yes, I did.

What option did you use sir? Option 1 or 2? Thanks.

I used first option

Top Labels in this Space