How to get a QR scan to display data from Sheets?

Hello,
I am trying to create a Medical Inventory Scanner using QR. Does anyone know how to display information from the database (Sheets) such as name, manufacturer, etc after the QR code for a particular entry is scanned? Thanks

0 6 605
6 REPLIES 6

First created a Table (spreadsheet tab) where the first column is the QR code and the others are

Then in Appsheet you set the QR Code column to be scannable and then you’ll need app formulas for the subequent columns with a formula similar to this:

ANY(Select(Table_Name[Name_Column],[QR_Code_Column],[_ThisRow].[QR_Code_Column]))

Hope this helps

Simon@1minManager.com

My two apps are made exactly like @1minManager has written above. I just can confirm what I have read

Hi, I tried doing that but I’m getting this error for the QR column,
Column Name ‘QR’ in Schema ‘Medicines_Schema’ cannot be scanned (not Barcode scannable) because it contains a formula or AppFormula.

Seems like you are adding the App Formula inside the same column that you should be using to scan the QR.
I’m sorry if I’m wrong but if you are looking for a fast solution to apply without reading the docs, you won’t be able to solve your problem.
I encourage you to read that as much as posible:

Either do as @SkrOYC suggests, or if this isn’t possible simply contact one of the Appsheeet Partners (https://www.appsheet.com/Partners) like me . They are all more than capable of jumping into your App and quickly fixing the issue. Probably in minutes. When I started out with Appsheet, this is what I did to learn the platorm and it really helped.

Maybe try to check:
{ Data → Columns → [QR SCANNING COLUMN] → Auto Compute → App formula }
whether it is empty. It is possible that you had formula in your gsheet in that column and it was automatically overwritten in AppSheet (?)
It is just my first thought after reading your post,
Good luck!

Top Labels in this Space