How to get a result from multiple selections

I have built my app but I am running into a problem. I have multiple drop down, button selections and am looking for an end result once I choose all of them. The problem is that I am able to do this using โ€œTextโ€ but not with show. I do not want a save option on this table. Any suggestions?

1 11 230
11 REPLIES 11

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

How are you able to get the end result with โ€œTextโ€? What did you try with โ€œshowโ€?

On the back end, in the spead sheet, I took the time to layout out the proper selection for each individual choice selection. Does that make sense?
The problem is that when using โ€œtextโ€, it shows the end result but then wants you to โ€œsaveโ€ or โ€œcancelโ€. I just want it to show the result without saving.

Also - is there a way to plot lines on a scatter chart from within the app, using the data provided for x and y axis?

Noโ€ฆ

Cancel would accomplish what you seem to want. I gather you donโ€™t want Save displayed?

Exactly! Cancel will do what I need. I just would rather not have a โ€œSaveโ€ option. If possible.

Thereโ€™s no way to hide the Save button entirely. What some have done is to change the text of the button to a single space, so itโ€™s mostly hidden:

Nice! I will try that.

I just read the chart. Looks like plotting on the app isnโ€™t possible as of this moment? Is that correct?

Honestly, I donโ€™t knowโ€“I really donโ€™t use charts.

Ha, I gotcha. Thanks for the help!

Hello there,
It seems you want to autocompute a value and see the result without saving.
If that is so, do this:

Then, write your formula here:

Thank you for the response. Do you know if this will work for โ€œshowโ€ and not numbers? I have two drop downs; I choose one from each, then I would like the result on the next page.

If you have the two drop-downs in the form view of the table that has a column with the App formula as I mentioned you should be able to see the result of the calculation in the form before saving or cancelling. I hope this worked for you.

Top Labels in this Space