How to have the average of two columns?

Hi,
I want to make a virtual column, in which to get the average attendance.
In excel, I add the number of participants, and also add the attendance column.
Then I just multiply the amount of attendance * 100 and divide by the total number of participants.
How could I translate this expression in Appsheet.

I’m new to expressions and I’m having trouble

3X_4_2_426a2c0704679982b319db2cf3b93b2bc19ee8bb.png

Solved Solved
0 13 619
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

You want totals for the entire Table?

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

I’m confused.

(([column 1] + [column 2]) / 2.0)

Hi Steve, thanks for your quickly answer.

What i want to do es:

1. Get total employees (“Nombre”)
  2. Get total attendance at an event (“Asistencia”)
  3. Get average attendance (“Avance”) (This is the column virtual that i want to create)

In excel, what i do is:

1. Get the total column of “Nombre”
  2. Get the total column of “Asistencia”
  3. Then, multiply the total of “Asistencia” by 100,
  4. Finally I divide the “Asistencia” by the “Nombre”

The formula in excel is:

=AVERAGE(Tabla1[[#Totales],[Asistencia]]*100)/Tabla1[[#Totales],[Nombre]]

You want totals for the entire Table?

I’ll study your hyperlinks.

And yes, i need the total of both columns. or well, is the way that i know. If u know a better way, im open to try.

Marc you’re the best!!!

I have already created three virtual columns: one that adds the employees, another one that adds the attendance.
And the last one that helps me to get the percentage.
Now I want to create a view with that report.
Basically, the employees are divided by company.
What I want to know is the progress by company.
You already solved my doubt, should I create another topic? (I want to avoid SPAM)

lol the fact we need to do all that for simple math shows what a joke this is.

Do all of what? Create an expression that’s a hair’s breadth away from the equivalent expression in a spreadsheet? Heaven forbid that you have to learn some extra details on a different platform.

You can try to post it here, or post another thread, doesn’t really matter much. What matters is that you thoroughly and concisely describe your issue. I still barely even understand what you were doing from the beginning of this thread!

Marc,
I’ll explain what I’m looking for.
I am the training coordinator, I have a course that I teach on a bimonthly basis. The course must be given in 3 companies that belong to the group.
What I need is to have the percentage of training progress, which I get by multiplying by 100 the total attendance rows and dividing it by the total number of employees.
I do this in excel, however, as there are 3 trainers who are adding the attendance, doing it through the app is easier for me. And the reporting part, I have to share it with another department, but the graphs and the appsheet dashboard I can’t figure it out.
(I am used to the Office platform).
What I am looking for now is to make a graphical report with that information.
The percentage of progress that I just got in the virtual column, which is differentiated by each of the companies.
I would also like to be able to add the bosses of the employees, and to be able to filter with this information as well.
That is to say, in company 1 I have the bosses A, B, C, in company 2 I have the bosses D,E,F, and in company 3 the bosses G,H,I.
And when I select a company, this identify the bosses, and their progress.

My best recommendation lately for such a thing has been to just use whatever charting you’re familiar with, Google Data Studio preferably, because it’s pretty great. Appsheet charting is…complicated.

If you need more help than that, I’d also suggest asking much more pointed questions. Such broad questions are hard to answer. If you can’t think of a pointed question, that usually means you need to do more reading and teaching yourself.

Marc, I previously used sharepoint, power apps and power bi. What I thought at the beginning was difficult, with time and support from forums became easier.
However, with google apps, I really cannot. I don’t know where to start and the documentation that exists is not linear.
I started using google because it is the license that the company has, however, I will go back to office.
I give up on google, I just can’t figure it out.
As an example, I thought I had achieved my goal of this forum, however, I did not.

3X_6_5_65290ecb861422dd292aa23d935dcf69f523c024.png

Do you mean “percentage” instead of “average” by chance?

Yes, my mistake /:

Top Labels in this Space