How to have the average of two columns?

Hi,
I want to make a virtual column, in which to get the average attendance.
In excel, I add the number of participants, and also add the attendance column.
Then I just multiply the amount of attendance * 100 and divide by the total number of participants.
How could I translate this expression in Appsheet.

Iโ€™m new to expressions and Iโ€™m having trouble

3X_4_2_426a2c0704679982b319db2cf3b93b2bc19ee8bb.png

Solved Solved
0 13 605
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

You want totals for the entire Table?

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

Iโ€™m confused.

(([column 1] + [column 2]) / 2.0)

Hi Steve, thanks for your quickly answer.

What i want to do es:

1. Get total employees (โ€œNombreโ€)
  2. Get total attendance at an event (โ€œAsistenciaโ€)
  3. Get average attendance (โ€œAvanceโ€) (This is the column virtual that i want to create)

In excel, what i do is:

1. Get the total column of โ€œNombreโ€
  2. Get the total column of โ€œAsistenciaโ€
  3. Then, multiply the total of โ€œAsistenciaโ€ by 100,
  4. Finally I divide the โ€œAsistenciaโ€ by the โ€œNombreโ€

The formula in excel is:

=AVERAGE(Tabla1[[#Totales],[Asistencia]]*100)/Tabla1[[#Totales],[Nombre]]

You want totals for the entire Table?

Iโ€™ll study your hyperlinks.

And yes, i need the total of both columns. or well, is the way that i know. If u know a better way, im open to try.

Marc youโ€™re the best!!!

I have already created three virtual columns: one that adds the employees, another one that adds the attendance.
And the last one that helps me to get the percentage.
Now I want to create a view with that report.
Basically, the employees are divided by company.
What I want to know is the progress by company.
You already solved my doubt, should I create another topic? (I want to avoid SPAM)

lol the fact we need to do all that for simple math shows what a joke this is.

Do all of what? Create an expression thatโ€™s a hairโ€™s breadth away from the equivalent expression in a spreadsheet? Heaven forbid that you have to learn some extra details on a different platform.

You can try to post it here, or post another thread, doesnโ€™t really matter much. What matters is that you thoroughly and concisely describe your issue. I still barely even understand what you were doing from the beginning of this thread!

Marc,
Iโ€™ll explain what Iโ€™m looking for.
I am the training coordinator, I have a course that I teach on a bimonthly basis. The course must be given in 3 companies that belong to the group.
What I need is to have the percentage of training progress, which I get by multiplying by 100 the total attendance rows and dividing it by the total number of employees.
I do this in excel, however, as there are 3 trainers who are adding the attendance, doing it through the app is easier for me. And the reporting part, I have to share it with another department, but the graphs and the appsheet dashboard I canโ€™t figure it out.
(I am used to the Office platform).
What I am looking for now is to make a graphical report with that information.
The percentage of progress that I just got in the virtual column, which is differentiated by each of the companies.
I would also like to be able to add the bosses of the employees, and to be able to filter with this information as well.
That is to say, in company 1 I have the bosses A, B, C, in company 2 I have the bosses D,E,F, and in company 3 the bosses G,H,I.
And when I select a company, this identify the bosses, and their progress.

My best recommendation lately for such a thing has been to just use whatever charting youโ€™re familiar with, Google Data Studio preferably, because itโ€™s pretty great. Appsheet charting isโ€ฆcomplicated.

If you need more help than that, Iโ€™d also suggest asking much more pointed questions. Such broad questions are hard to answer. If you canโ€™t think of a pointed question, that usually means you need to do more reading and teaching yourself.

Marc, I previously used sharepoint, power apps and power bi. What I thought at the beginning was difficult, with time and support from forums became easier.
However, with google apps, I really cannot. I donโ€™t know where to start and the documentation that exists is not linear.
I started using google because it is the license that the company has, however, I will go back to office.
I give up on google, I just canโ€™t figure it out.
As an example, I thought I had achieved my goal of this forum, however, I did not.

3X_6_5_65290ecb861422dd292aa23d935dcf69f523c024.png

Do you mean โ€œpercentageโ€ instead of โ€œaverageโ€ by chance?

Yes, my mistake /:

Top Labels in this Space