How to insert a close button

How can we insert a โ€œclose formโ€ type of button so the user can return back to the main menu in the app?
2X_a_af49c7ee01e63d34879abe864a7402ae4bbae896.png

0 6 329
  • UX
6 REPLIES 6

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

Insert where?

This is a detail view that simply provides a message. The user just needs to close the message (detail view) to return to the main menu and Iโ€™m thinking the most intuitive way would be the button.

Iโ€™m not aware of a simple way to do what you want, or if itโ€™s even possibleโ€“with a detail view. Thereโ€™s no way to put an action icon at the bottom like that. There may be a way to use a Quick Edit Enum column coupled with an on-save action. The problem with any such solution is that wherever the user landed, a back arrow would appear in the upper left corner of the screen that would take the user back to the detail view. Myself, I would find that confusing.

Were you to use a form view, though, as @Suvrutt_Gurjar suggests, you may be able to make this work.

I think we are limited to the normal action options. Instead of โ€œcloseโ€ I would use an option that navigates to another view in the app. One problem may be, however, that you need to show an action icon; I donโ€™t that you can show linked text that isnโ€™t connected to an action icon. With an โ€œinlineโ€ action, the text will also be clickable. It would be great if that action icon could be left off. Then, you could use a format rule to make the text blue so that it looks like a link.

@Steve, am I correct in assuming that an action icon must be visible?

I believe @Daisy_Ramirez is referring to a form view, since she has mentioned โ€œClose Formโ€ button. In that case I believe, one option is to set the โ€œFinish Viewโ€ in the Forms view pane to navigate to the main menu view. However this navigation will work after the form is saved.

The formโ€™s โ€œSaveโ€ button could be reworded as โ€œSave & Closeโ€ and a text field could appear at the bottom of the form saying โ€œClose and Go to Main Menuโ€ when all mandatory fields are filled in by the user.

For an inline action, yes, as far as I know.

Top Labels in this Space