How to limit the user create more than one ro...

dev_bc

How to limit the user create more than one row data? The โ€œNew Createโ€ should hidden.

0 8 430
8 REPLIES 8

My thought would be to add a condition to the NEW (system) Action for that Related Accounts table with a formula such as COUNT(FILTER(Related Accounts Table, [MainID] = MainTable[ID]) = 0

Havenโ€™t tested the function, but I hope you get the idea.

Hi @dev_bc

You may wish to create a update / read only ( no add ) slice of the Accounts table and use that slice in referencing.

@Suvrutt_Gurjar

IT would seem that would work if you donโ€™t want to users to add ANY accounts. But if you want to allow them to add just ONE account, that wouldnโ€™t be sufficient.

Hi @Neil_Boisen

You are right. Somehow I missed that one record criteria.

@dev_bc I request to try something like COUNT([_This])<=1 in the valid_If parameter

of the reverse reference list type column. I also could not

test this but hope it helps.

This will not remove the " new record" sign but will not allow addition of more than one record.

You can HIDE the โ€œAddโ€ button by putting a condition in the NEW or ADD ACTION associated with the sub-table.

This will be a system generated Action, so you need to click โ€œshow system actionsโ€.

Then add a condition that does not allow the row count to be greater than 1 for rows where the Ref ID = Main table ID.

When the condition is met, the button will disappear.

dev_bc

Dear @Neil_Boisen, the formula doesnโ€™t work. If you have simple example to demonstrate the formula thatโ€™s good for me to understand it.

Dear @Suvrutt_Gurjar, Ya, your formula is work. Thanks. Is it possible to remove the โ€œNew Createโ€ button?

You need to create another virtual REFROWS column and use it with the slice. Choose read_only for the slice. Then with suitable formula in the Show_If, you can control which virtual column you want to show.

Top Labels in this Space