How to link / reference data without a key??

Hi all, I'm trying to solve a problem and I don't know the best way of going about this, I hope someone might be able to set me on the right track here.

We have a table of contacts and a table of invites, we can track who we have invited to what events (see below) This is working fine, however... I have a 3rd party source of data in Google Sheets that I want to cross reference against my list of invites, so we can automate the reporting of the real status.

What I can't figure out is how to process the data after the registrations report is pulled (daily). I don't want to have to go into each record and get it to look-up and store any changes one-by-one, there will be hundreds of invites/registrations to process. 

Is this something I need to do in a bot?

I'm struggling to see past the obvious "there's no reference linking these tables" issue, any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Screenshot 2023-08-18 at 23.27.54.png

Solved Solved
0 4 197
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

I'm not really sure what your question is here, what are you trying to do? I see there is the email address in both table, you can associate them with that.

View solution in original post

The best way is to use virtual column for this purpose. It will update the data every time when the app is synced.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

I'm not really sure what your question is here, what are you trying to do? I see there is the email address in both table, you can associate them with that.

Sorry I wasn't clear Marc, I think I was just having a "brain fart" - I just used Select() to look up the matching rows using the email and event name to get the registration status. I got myself down a rabbit-hole by thinking I needed to do something more complex.

The best way is to use virtual column for this purpose. It will update the data every time when the app is synced.

Thanks, that's exactly what I needed! - the downside being the impact on sync performance, but I've got a separate project I need to look at to improve things there. 

Top Labels in this Space