To which view does Cancel button take you?

There is no way to control what Cancel button does. But what is the logic of its behaviour?

Solved Solved
0 6 228
  • UX
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Ramiro wrote:

form as a starting view

Ahh, ok. Yah I don't know about that one. Should be fairly easy to test though. Easy solution: don't use forms as starting view, I certainly never have. Was there any other case?

Just to be sure... if you're seeing it happen in the editor/emulator, know that it is quite easy for it to forget its own context in such cases. Like if you have a form open, then save the editor, the "previous" view is completely lost. I wouldn't consider this situation as an issue.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

You go back to the previous view that you were just on.

Not quite, Marc! Sorry, but I have examples where it leads you to a different system generated wiew. There mus be a rule in addition to that. Is there any references where we could consult that issue?

@Ramiro wrote:

I have examples where it leads you to a different system generated wiew

Can you show or detail these examples? Cancel takes you back to the previous view every time AFAIK.

Yes, as long as there is a previous view to go to. Consider the case where you have a form as a starting view. In that case, where does the cancel button take you to?

I agree with Ramiro, sometimes it take me to a blank screen/ empty view.

@Ramiro wrote:

form as a starting view

Ahh, ok. Yah I don't know about that one. Should be fairly easy to test though. Easy solution: don't use forms as starting view, I certainly never have. Was there any other case?

Just to be sure... if you're seeing it happen in the editor/emulator, know that it is quite easy for it to forget its own context in such cases. Like if you have a form open, then save the editor, the "previous" view is completely lost. I wouldn't consider this situation as an issue.

Top Labels in this Space