How to make an attendance apps for employees ID begin with "Letter and Number".

I very fresh for appsheet. May I know how do I make a attendance sheet for the employees ID begin with "Letter and Number".

I'm new and no coding experience, I wish to make the app able to scan the employees ID start with letter and number. I had try to make it but only the employees start with numbering is not work: for the employees begin with "Letter" it will work.

Below are the link for the data, the location are lookup with data sheet.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1sj_Qdph21UlA_ihm03xK3lIj9XQF7N2AEBCCc4Dwv20/edit?usp=sharing

kanasai_0-1675086496410.png

When scan the number, begin with ' sign.

Scan In Emp ID, will be scan using app sheet

Below is my app configuration.

kanasai_1-1675086720728.png

Need help on this. Thank you.

0 2 264
2 REPLIES 2

@kanasai wrote:

to scan the employees ID

What are you scanning?   A barcode?  If so, what specific value is the barcode returning?  Does it return exactly the Employee ID?  

@kanasai wrote:

When scan the number, begin with ' sign.

You do not need to worry about inserting the ' character.  Make sure the column in the sheet is formatted as Plain Text. 

Yes..It exactly return as what a detail scan from the employees no. in QR code format.

When the scanning the employees no. started with "Numbering", it will having ' sign and unable to retrieve the lookup data. But when scan the employees begin with "Letter", it will retrieve as per vlookup data.

Please help.

Top Labels in this Space